Chapter 11 - The bitter tongue

Chad's POV

I watched her leave, tightening my grip around the steering wheel.

I knew that she would regret it when she woke up the following morning

I knew that she would regret it when she woke up the following morning. Even she regretted the kiss that we had shared. If we went further, she would regret it more. Honestly, I regretted stopping her last night for a while, but now I was thankful to myself for stopping her. I didn't want her to regret what we shared together. If there was something between us, I would want her to be happy the next morning, not feeling regretful.

****

I picked her up from the university. She was ignoring me. There was an awkward silence in the car. I hated this silence. I even missed her insulting remarks.

When we arrived, she got out of the car without waiting for me. I breathed in deeply and got out of the car, following her to the garden.

I frowned, annoyed as I saw my father in the garden talking to Steve and his wife. Today could not get worse anymore. Just I needed my father's insults.

"Good evening, Uncle Victor." Elise greeted my father, giving him a warm smile.

"Good evening, Elise." My father greeted her with a bright smile.

Then he looked at me as he greeted me

Then he looked at me as he greeted me. I greeted him back, giving him a slight smile.

"I am really content with Chad. Thank you for your recommendation." Steve said to my father as he gave me a slight smile.

My father looked at me with a smile, proudness and satisfaction in his eyes. "I am happy to hear it. Thank you, Chad for not putting me in a difficult position." He said and gave me a knowing smile.

Here we go! He got late this time. I was getting worried. I said with my inner voice ironically. I forced a smile at him.

Elise rolled her eyes at me and gave me an insolent look. I looked at her, annoyed.

What is her problem?