Chapter 54 - Miracle

Elise's POV

Mark was following me like a shadow. I was bored of it. While Chad was planning his engagement party with his lovely fiancée, I had to live like a prisoner.

I felt so upset. Today was Chad's engagement day. I didn't want to leave the bed for a second, but Katy insisted on hanging out together. I knew she insisted on it because she knew that I was sad.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. I decided to give Mark the slip. I checked him through the window. He was talking to the house guard. My car was parked in front of the gate.

I went out of the sliding door. I tiptoed to the garden. When our house guard noticed me, I asked him not to inform Mark by placing my finger on my lips.

I breathed deeply as I got in my car. A victorious smile appeared on my face. I started the car. I saw Mark in the rearview mirror while he was running behind me, calling me.

When I was on the way, Katy sent me a message informing me that his brother had come from England. So she could not come and she apologized. I didn't want to go home back. So I decided to have dinner alone.

I pulled over the car in front of the restaurant. I got out of the car and gave my key to a valet.

"Elise!"

When I was going towards the door, a familiar voice called me. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply, totally annoyed. I turned around as I gave him a dirty look. "Chris. What are you doing here?"

"Are you not invited to the engagement party?" He asked, smirking as he approached me.

I breathed deeply. "Leave me alone, Chris." I said, annoyed.

"I warned you what a bastard he is." He said, looking into my eyes. "But I am glad he made you see it with your own eyes. How do you feel? Does being used and throwing away like dirty socks make you feel bad?" He asked, smirking sarcastically.

I clenched my fist. Calm down, Elise. I repeated this sentence with my inner voice, trying to calm down.

"Even making yourself knocked up didn't help you." He said arrogantly. I slapped him across his face.

He gave me a fierce look as he grabbed my wrist tightly. "You little slut!" He hissed, tightening his grip around my wrist.

"Let go of me!" I shouted, hitting his chest. My wrist was hurting.

"Let go of her!" I heard Mark's voice. As Chris didn't release my wrist, Mark repeated, rushing towards us.

Suddenly, Chris pushed me back. I lost my balance and fell down, hitting my stomach.

"My baby!" I shouted, frightened and placed my hand on my stomach as tears filled my eyes.

Chris and Mark were looking at me with wide eyes. Then Chris ran away.

"Ms. Martin." Mark bent down beside me.

"My baby." It was the only words that I managed to say. It was hurting.

Mark scooped me up in his arms bridal style and carried me towards the car. He placed me on the back seat and got in the car quickly.

Chad's POV

I rushed out of the hotel and got in my car.

"Please. Please." I mumbled under my breath as I started the car.

I was driving like hell without stopping at the red lights. I called Mark again; he told me the doctor was checking up Elise.

I parked the car in front of the hospital and got out of the car quickly. I rushed into the hospital. Mark was waiting for me in the hallway.

"How is she and the baby?" I asked anxiously.

"The doctor hasn't left the room." He replied, giving me an apologetic look.

I was waiting for the doctor in front of the hospital room while praying for Elise and my baby with my inner voice. The doctor was still checking up on her.

My breath got heavier

My breath got heavier. Even taking off my jacket didn't help me. I held my head in my hands as I was trying to control my breath.

If something happens to Elise or our baby, I will murder that sleazeball with my own hands.

Finally, the door opened and the doctor walked out. I stood up quickly and approached her.

"How is Elise? And the baby?" I asked anxiously as I plunged my eyes into her eyes, searching for a hint of an answer.

"Ms. Martin is fine now. Fortunately, nothing happened to the baby. The amniotic fluid protected the baby. But Ms. Martin has to stay in the hospital for a few days. She fell down badly, actually it was a miracle that nothing happened to the baby. Being in the early stage of her pregnancy helped a lot." The doctor informed me.

"Thanks God." I muttered and closed my eyes as I covered my face with my hands, relieved. "Could I see her?" I asked.

"Yes." She nodded and walked away.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. Elise was laying on the bed, her eyes closed.

I approached her and held her hand. I bent down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Then I placed my hand on her stomach and rubbed it gently. I placed a soft kiss on her stomach as I whispered, smiling. "Our miracle baby."

I pulled the chair beside her bed and sat down on it without releasing her hand for a second. I brought her hand to my lips and placed a tender kiss on her hand.

"Chad?" I wake up to my favorite voice. I had fallen asleep sitting on the chair beside her, my head rested beside her on the bed.

"You scared the shit out of me." I admitted as I lifted my head up.

"My baby?" She asked, frightened, trying to sit up.

"Don't worry. Our little one is fine." I said softly, placing my hand on top of her hand on her stomach.

"I was scared for my baby." She admitted as she started crying.

"Hey, don't cry." I said as I sat down beside her on the bed and hugged her. She hugged me back tightly as she buried her head into the crook of my neck. I was stroking her hair, trying to smooth her.

After calming down, she pulled away as she asked. "Have you stayed here all night?" I nodded, stroking her cheek affectionately.

"But your engagement party?" She asked, perplexed.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath as I remembered about the engagement party. I had forgotten to inform Daniella and my parents before leaving.