Chapter 39 - An unexpected visitor

Chad's POV

I rubbed my eyes as the sun rays hit on my eyes, disturbing me. My head was pounding. I sat up on the bed and held my head in my hands. I still smelt alcohol. I decided to take a shower. I got up and stripped off my clothes. I turned on the shower and stood under the warm water, closing my eyes.

I wrapped the towel around my waist as I stepped out of the shower.

Suddenly,my phone rang. I grabbed my phone while drying my hair with a towel. It was Sean.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"Hey, dude. How are you?" He asked, smirking.

"Bad." I replied.

He chuckled and asked. "Pounding headache, huh?"

"Exactly." I answered, rubbing my temple.

"By the way, you own Jose and me dinner in our place. We saved your ass, more correctly your dick last night." He smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to remember what happened last night, but my mind was blank.

"You don't remember, do you?" He asked.

"No, will you fucking tell me without getting on my nerves?" I snapped. I wasn't in the mood for playing any games, especially with my pounding headache.

"Last night, you were almost leaving the nightclub with some chick." He said.

"Fuck!" I cursed, running my hand through my hair, closing my eyes shut.

"We have reached you in time, before you two didn't leave. Secondly, I guess in that state, you could not remember to use the condom. It is our second help, saving our friend Chad Carter from bad decisions." He joked.

"Shit! I don't remember anything." I admitted.

I was thankful to them. In that state, probably I would end up in that girl's bed. And thinking about the possibility of knocking her up gave me goosebumps.

"Then you kept saying that you wanted to see Elise and shouted her name." He smirked.

"Thank you, Sean." I said.

"No problem,bro. But next time be careful, I can find plenty of chicks who want you to bang them or knock them up." He warned me. "...Chad, I have to hang up; a meeting is about to start. I have to go to the conference room."

"Ok, bro. Thank you again. See you."

"See you."

I breathed deeply as I threw my phone onto the bed.

I put on a gray shirt and a black suit. I went downstairs afterwards. I took a painkiller and went to the company without having breakfast; I hadn't an appetite.

Today I was so busy in the company. It was good for me at least I hadn't time to think.

Afternoon, my father and I went to a lunch meeting. We were going to build a big and luxurious mall with different luxurious shops and the best cafes and restaurants in the city; it was an important project for our company, especially for me. Because it was my first project in our company that all responsibilities of the project belonged to me. And I wanted to do my best. I wanted to prove myself to my father and.....Elise.

The meeting went perfect. We signed a contract. We were starting building the mall next week. I was excited about this project.

After the lunch meeting, we went back to the company. When I wanted to go to my office, my father ordered me to come to his office with him. I nodded and followed him.

I was waiting for my father to finish his conversation on the phone in his office. I was staring into space, lost in my thoughts.

"I wanted you to stop being a naughty and irresponsible boy

"I wanted you to stop being a naughty and irresponsible boy. But I didn't mean to be too serious. You always overdo." He gave me a slight smile. I forced a smile.

He sighed as he entwined his fingers on his desk. "You love her this much?" My father asked me, waving his hand in the air. I rubbed the back of my neck without answering.

"Dad, what did you want to tell me?" I changed subjects.

"I am worried about you. You don't look yourself. Even sometimes I miss your arrogant attitude too." He chuckled, shaking his head. "If you want, I can talk to Elise and explain everything." My father suggested with a serious expression.

I looked at him, surprised. I cleared my throat as I stood up. "Dad, thank you, but it isn't important anymore. My relationship with Elise is over. It will be as she wishes." I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

I decided not to disturb Elise with my pitiful love for her. She never listened to me or trusted me. She always judged me before listening to my explanation. And I didn't have hope that it could change in the future. No matter how much it was unbearable and painful, I should accept her wish. She wanted to end our relationship, so we ended it. There was not any point in insisting. Maybe, she didn't love me. If she loved me, she wouldn't give up and reject me in my first fault after she had promised to be by my side, despite my past. If we thought about it, it wouldn't be my fault, though; it was my father's genius 'giving a lesson to Chad ' plan. And maybe it was for the best for both of us. I didn't want to hurt her anymore with my presence in her life, despite my aching heart. She didn't want me in her life, and I would make her wish come true.

"If you don't mind, I want to go to my office. I have to make important phone calls." He nodded, giving me a sad and unconvinced look, but he didn't add anything. I left the office.

****

I was busy with my paperwork about our mall project. The construction started yesterday. I had been supervising every detail of this project.

Suddenly, my office phone rang.

"Yes?" I snapped, looking at me paperwork.

"Sir, you have a visitor." My secretary informed me.

"Who?" I snapped.

"Ms. Elise Martin." She replied.