Chapter 7 - The fight

Chad's POV

"Elise?"

"Sorry. I thought you were alone." She said coldly and left.

"Elise!" I called her as I rushed after her.

I stopped her in the garden by grabbing her wrist.

"What?" She snapped as she pulled her arm back angrily.

I looked at her, puzzled. "What were you going to say?" I asked, looking into her eyes.

"It isn't important." She averted her eyes. "Go, don't make your guest wait." She said dryly, emphasizing the word guest as she looked at my unbuttoned shirt.

I smiled at her reaction. Is she jealous?

"You got it wrong. We didn't do anything." I explained.

"Were you discussing global problems?!" She asked mockingly.

"Elise..." When I wanted to come closer to her, she stopped me as she gestured to me to stop by raising her hand.

"It is not my business. But don't mix your personal life with your job." She warned me and left without listening to me.

Ugh!

I ran my hand through my hair as I watched her leave. I breathed deeply and went back.

When I walked in, Alissa was sitting on the couch, grinning at me amusingly.

"What? " I asked.

"You....she...."

"Nothing like that." I cut her off.

She raised her eyebrow as she gave me a knowing smile.

I breathed deeply as I sat down beside her on the couch.

"And Dad told me to stay away from her." I confessed.

"And since when have you started to obey him?" She asked. I shrugged, looking away.

"You decided to obey him once in your life. And it is the wrong time." She said ironically.

****

Since Elise saw me with Alissa, she started to become distant and cold towards me again. We went back to our old days.

I lay down on the bed as I arrived home tonight.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I grabbed it; it was Sean. He said they were waiting for me at Stardust. I changed my clothes and went to hang out with them.

I was talking to Sean when Ava, our friend from Harvard and Sean's crush, waved looking towards the exit, calling someone.

Sean gestured to me as he looked at the same direction where Ava was looking.

When I turned around, I saw Elise with her friend and her dumbass boyfriend. She looked really hot in her black mini dress. They walked towards us.

Fortunately, Ava knew about my job, otherwise I was going to screw up

Ava hugged Katy. Then Ava and Katy introduced us to each other. As Katy said that they knew me, Ava gave me a mischievous smirk.

I had been staring at Elise time by time while talking to Sean and Jose. She was sipping her drink while she just nodded or answered with short answers to Ava's questions. I felt her uncomfortableness. Sometimes I felt her gaze on me, but when I looked at her, she averted her gaze.

"Where have you met, guys?" Katy asked as she looked at us curiously.

Sean looked at me. I cleared my throat as I replied. "At the party."

"You were invited to a party with high society?!Don't be ridiculous." Chris intervened, smirking arrogantly.

Sean whispered as he gave me a cocky grin. "What an idiot! If this brat finds out that it was you who were the host, he will be green with envy." I held myself hard from laughing.

"And you are here. Where did you get money to attend these kinds of parties? I don't think you even have some suitable clothes to wear for this kind of place." He said mockingly.

"Chris!" Elise warned him as she looked at him angrily.

He shrugged his shoulders with a reckless expression on his face as he continued. "Tell me."

"Hey dude, chill out! We are here to have fun." Sean intervened, annoyed by Chris's attitude.

The security guard wanted to intervene as he noticed the tension. I gestured to him that everything was under control. He nodded as he stopped other securities, but they were still standing close to us.

"Hey guys,calm down." Ava and Katy intervened.

I stood up and went towards the bar counter.

"The same." I ordered a drink for myself.

"Cosmopolitan." Elise ordered a drink for herself as she stood beside me.

"Elise..."

"I didn't think you had friends from Harvard." She cut me off as she said coldly. "I thought there were wise people at Harvard who didn't become friends with someone whose brain was under his belt." She said and left as she grabbed her glass without letting me say anything.

I watched her leave as I clenched my fist. I gritted my teeth, trying to control my anger. I drank all my drink in one sip.

"Another one." I ordered as I placed my empty glass down on the bar counter.

I sat beside Sean as I returned. Sean gave me a questioning look.

"Nothing." I replied as I sipped my drink.

As I looked at Elise, she averted her gaze. I felt annoyed by her mood swings. On the other hand, Chris was getting on my nerves. I was trying to hold myself hard from punching him. His remarks were making me frustrated. He was drunk, but he was still keeping on drinking.

"Hey, tell me, where do you get money for this kind of place?" He asked me again.

It was the last straw. I could not hold myself anymore. I stood up and punched him. He lost his balance and fell down. His nose was bleeding.

"Chad!" Sean and Jose intervened as they pulled me back.

Securities rushed towards us and grabbed his arms.

He stood up and tried to release his arms from their grips as he ordered them. "Get him out of here!"

The securities tightened their grips around his arms and dragged him towards the exit.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?! Let go of me! Do you know who I am?!" He shouted as the securities dragged him out.

Elise grabbed her clutch and followed them after she had given me a doleful look.