Chapter 9 - The first step

Elise's POV

"I got why the securities had dragged me out instead of him." Chris said sarcastically, pointing to them. "He fucks Carter guy's sister." He added.

"Chris!" I warned him. He shrugged his shoulders with a reckless expression on his face.

I looked at them again. Chad placed his hand on her back while she blew the candles.

"She is Chad Carter's sister?!" Katy said while looking at them curiously.

"Yeah, she is Alissa Carter." Chris replied.

"They look so close." Katy murmured, looking at them.

"He is a gold digger. I am really curious. Does Carter guy know that some driver has eyes for his sister?" Chris asked sarcastically.

I was sipping my drink without talking my eyes off Chad. He was drinking while girls had been coming and leaving without letting him be alone for a second. He was at his girlfriend's birthday party, but he was still flirting with other girls.

Then Alissa went beside them. After saying something to him, they went to dance. She wrapped her arms around his neck while smiling. I rolled my eyes at them and drank all my drink in one sip. I felt a little tipsy. I could not remember how many glasses I had finished.

When Chad went to order the drink, I went towards him.

I placed my hand on the bar counter as I asked sarcastically. "You and Alissa?"

When he noticed me, he looked at me surprised.

Of course, Mr. Playboy didn't wait to see me here.

He raised his eyebrow, looking at me puzzled. Then the corner of his mouth curled up into an amused smirk. He was staring at me without saying anything.

"Poor girl! If she knew that you fuck anything that moves, she would run away from you like hell." I said as I gave him a disgusted look and left without waiting for his answer.

Chad's POV

I looked behind her, smirking amusingly. She is jealous. I could not stop myself from smiling. She looked so cute when she was jealous.

"What is going on?" Alissa asked amusingly as she placed her hand on my shoulder, looking at Elise.

"Nothing." I said and sipped my drink, trying to hold myself from smiling.

"Hmm." Alissa gave me a knowing smile.

When I walked out of the restroom, I saw Elise. She looked drunk. Every time I looked at her, she was drinking and drinking.

Where is her damn boyfriend?

A man approached her and wrapped his arms around her waist,saying something in her ear. I was furious. I clenched my fist and approached them.

"Go!" I demanded as I pulled the man away from her.

"Who..."

"Go!" I gave him a death glare. He left without saying anything.

"Oh, Mr. Playboy." Elise exclaimed sarcastically, barely standing on her feet.

I breathed deeply and asked. "Where are your boyfriend and Katy?"

"Leave me alone!" She ordered and pushed me away by placing her hand on my chest.

I caught her by her waist before she fell down.

"Let go of me!" She protested, pushing me back.

I breathed deeply and threw her over my shoulder. "We are going, princess."

She was hitting my back while shouting at me to put her down.

Katy looked surprised as she saw us. I told her that I was taking Elise home. She nodded and watched us, grinning.

"Get in the car!" I ordered as I put Elise down on her feet.

"No!" She folded her arms over her chest as she pouted childishly.

I breathed deeply and forced her to get in the car. I sent a message to Alissa and explained why I had left without saying goodbye.

'Sorry, I am going to the mansion. Elise is drunk, I have to take her home.'

'Good luck!'

I shook my head, smiling while reading her message. Yes, I need it. I said with my inner voice as I looked at Elise who was totally drunk.

She leaned her head back while staring at me. I smiled at her before starting the car. She looked totally cute.

I parked the car in front of the mansion. She was staring at me without taking her eyes off me for a second since we got in the car . I got out of the car and went to her side. I opened the door for her.

"Come on."

"No." She pouted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

I smiled at her expression and dragged her out of the car by gripping her wrist.

"You are a caveman. I don't understand..." She said as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?" I asked, amused.

"What do the girls see in you? They are like bees around a honeypot." She said sadly.

I was holding myself hard from laughing. "Maybe they see something in me that you don't see." I said arrogantly and winked at her.

"No. You are a playboy without feelings, and you are blind." She tapped her finger at my chest. I raised my eyebrow, giving her a questioning look.

"You can't see what is right in front of your eyes." She added and pushed me away.

I smiled at her. I scooped her up in my arms when she was about to fall down. She wrapped her arms around my neck without protesting and placed her head on my shoulder. I breathed in her scent while carrying her to her room. She smiled a mixture of jasmine and vanilla.

"You are a damn playboy." She said as she plunged her mesmerizing eyes into mine.

There were a few inches between our lips. Her lips were so inviting. I wanted to taste these red lips, kissing them till they would be swollen.

"Do you find me sexy?" She interrupted my thoughts with her question.

I looked at her surprised. She pulled me closer by tightening her arms around my neck.

My pants were getting tight, making me uncomfortable. I held myself hard not to kiss her.

When I wanted to reply, she placed her finger on my lips, stopping me.

"Don't answer." She said and buried her head into the hollow of my neck.

I placed her on the bed carefully. Meanwhile, she was looking into my eyes, her hands still wrapped around my neck. She lowered her gaze from my eyes to my lips and brushed her lips against my lips.