Chapter 37 - The late confession

Elise's POV

"No, don't talk bullshit." I said as I stood up, running my hand through my hair nervously. "We used condoms." I added while thinking if we had unprotected sex. But I couldn't think properly, my mind was blank.

As anxiety ran through my body, another wave of nausea flooded over me.

Shit! I cursed with my inner voice while vomiting. Since this morning, I had been spending half of my day in the bathroom, throwing up.

"Elise." Katy gave me a knowing look as we went back to my room.

"No, Katy. I told you we didn't have unprotected sex." I stated.

"Are you sure, maybe you caught in the moment and forgot to use the condom?" She insisted.

I breathed deeply. "Katy, please. I am not pregnant. End of discussion." I snapped, annoyed. "Please, I feel bad. I need to rest."

"Ok, dear. Take care." She hugged me and left.

Pregnant? I shook my head, pushing these thoughts to the side.

****

Yesterday Chad sent me a message saying that he wanted to talk to me. He invited me to the cafe. I told him I didn't have time, and we could just talk at the university after class. He accepted and told me he would wait for me tomorrow in front of the university.

After class, I grabbed my stuff and left.

When I walked towards the exit, I saw Chad waiting for me while sitting in the car, playing with his fingers, lost in thoughts

When he saw me coming towards him, he got out of the car.

"Hey." He greeted me as he plunged his captivating eyes into mine.

"Hey." I greeted him back.

He pursed his lips together nervously while staring at me. There was awkward silence between us.

I cleared my throat as I interrupted this silence. "Why did you work for me? You didn't need it." I asked, pointing to his luxurious car.

He breathed deeply, running his hand through his silky hair. "It was my father's punishment." He confessed.