Chapter 62 - The owner of my heart

Elise's POV

I traveled my eyes from Chad to the ring. The ring embodied classic vintage style. The center stone was accented with a floral inspired prong head. The ornate carved filigree on the shank and prong head were set with eight natural recycled diamonds.

Chad was looking into my eyes nervously, waiting for my answer.

I nodded, smiling as I replied happily. "Yes.Yes. Yes."

He gave me a wide smile as he slid the ring on my finger. He stood up and planted a soft kiss on my lips, cupping my cheeks.

"I love you." He said, leaning his forehead against my forehead.

"I love you too." I said and kissed his lips.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he started swirling me around cheerfully. I laughed happily. He set me on my feet carefully and planted a chaste kiss on my lips.

He held my hand as he stroked the ring on my hand. "It is a special ring for me as well as for my family. It was my grandma's ring."

I was listening to him attentively while he was telling me about the story of the ring.

"But you didn't propose to Daniella with this." I muttered as I looked at him. "The ring I had seen on her finger was different." I added, biting my lower lip. My mood changed as I remembered those painful moments.

"Because I didn't have the heart to give her this ring." He confirmed, looking into my eyes as he stroked my cheek affectionately. "It should belong to the owner of my heart no one else. And my heart belongs to you. It is just you, only you, no one else forever." He confessed.

I smiled ear-to-ear, feeling totally happy by his confession. I held his head in my hands and brushed my lips against his lips, kissing him passionately.

"I love you so much, Chad." I said as a drop of tears ran down my cheek. I was overwhelmed by my feelings.

"I love you too, princess." He said, stroking my cheek. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

****

A week had passed since Chad proposed to me. Chad insisted on getting married as soon as possible. So we decided to get married in a month. I was so nervous and excited.

After taking a shower, I put on a red mini dress. I brushed my hair and applied light makeup.

I was going to Chad's company

I was going to Chad's company. We had an appointment with the wedding planner. Before the appointment, he suggested having lunch together at the restaurant near the company; he praised their risotto saying it was the best in the city. So I accepted, more correctly, my pregnancy hormones before me. The last few days I had been having cravings for everything I heard or saw: ice cream, strawberries, spaghetti and so on.

I saw Chad talking to Sean in the hall. He looked smoking hot in his suit, making me want to jump on him.

It was my other problem that my pregnancy hormones triggered

It was my other problem that my pregnancy hormones triggered. I couldn't take my hands off Chad for a second. We had been making love more than once a day the last week. Of course, Chad was very pleased by it. He even had been lectured by his father when he had ditched his meeting with a Spanish businessman for making love to me. Actually, it was my fault, because I pretended to be upset when he told me he had a meeting. But I felt like I was going to explode any minute if he didn't help me with his gorgeous presence and expert mouth and tongue.

I shook my head, getting rid of these dirty thoughts as I felt uncomfortable tingling between my legs. I approached him.

"Hi." I greeted them and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Hey, princess." Chad smiled as he saw me and placed his hand on my lower back protectively.

"Hi, Elise. By the way, congratulations." Sean said, giving me a bright smile and hugged me.

"Thank you, Sean." I gave him a smile and leaned my head against Chad's shoulder.

Chad placed a soft kiss on my hair as he pulled me closer to him.

"Good morning." A familiar woman greeted us, staring at Chad, mesmerized while batting her eyelashes at him seductively.

It was the same woman who I saw at Stardust. Her name was....I tried to remember it. Yeah, Victoria. I gritted my teeth as their conversation replayed on my mind.

I narrowed my eyes at her as I placed my hand on Chad's chest, resting my head on his shoulder.

Fuck off! He is mine.

She bit her lower lip nervously as she averted her gaze and walked away in quick steps.

Chad smirked at me, amused as he pulled me into his chest and placed a soft kiss on my hair.

I pulled away and folded my arms over my chest. I was annoyed. "Fire her."

He looked at me, puzzled. "Princess, why?"

I gave him a knowing look. "I knew what had happened between you two. I heard her talking to her friend about you and your professional encounter." I said in a sardonic voice, emphasizing the words professional encounter.

He cleared his throat as he averted his gaze.

Sean chuckled. "Then you should fire half of the company." Sean said to Chad, giving him a devilish smirk.

"Sean!" Chad warned him.

I looked at Chad with wide eyes. Did he...Oh my goodness! Bastard! I clenched my fist.

"Princess, don't listen to him; he is exaggerating." He pleaded, flurried and gave me a begging look.

I gave him a death glare and rushed away.

"Elise! Wait! Please." He shouted behind me.

He stopped me by grabbing my wrist in front of the elevator. I pulled my hand away angrily and folded my arms over my chest, giving him a dirty look.

"I can not fire her. She is not my secretary; she is my father's secretary. And there is nothing between us." He said. He paused as he pursed his lips together while rubbing his nape. "Yes, there was something between us, but it was not serious." He held my hand forcefully as I tried not to give him my hand. "I love you, Elise. I just want you, no one else. Please, trust me." He gave me a begging look.

I bit my lower lip, thinking. "Ok." I muttered. "But if I see her batting her eyelashes at you again, I want her out immediately!" I warned him.