Chapter 17 - My happy place

Chad's POV

I rubbed my eyes and opened them. I smiled sheepishly as I saw Elise sleeping on my chest. She looked so beautiful. I ran my fingertip along her cheek gently. I breathed in her mind-blowing scent. Vanilla and jasmine. My favorite.

As I remembered yesterday, anger filled my system.

That damn sleazeball!

I held myself hard not to kill him yesterday. I didn't remember how I rushed towards them when I heard Elise's frightened begs. I felt dreadful when I saw her in that state. Even thinking that if I didn't arrive in time.... I shook my head, trying to send away this thought.  I never let someone hurt her. I would protect her at all costs.

Then, I averted all my attention to the beautiful angel sleeping in my arms. I felt so happy. I never felt this much happy seeing a woman just sleeping in my arms.

What are you doing to me, princess?

I shook my head, smiling at the change in me. I caressed her silky brown hair, enjoying this serene moment.

Elise's POV

My eyes opened to the most beautiful view in the world. A pair of crystal blue eyes.

"Morning." I greeted him without holding my sheepish grin.

"Morning, princess." He said without taking his eyes off me while running his fingertip along my jawline. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touches.

"How do you feel?" He asked, the concern in his eyes.

"I am fine. Thank you." I reassured him as I gave him a grateful smile.

He smiled at me back and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. My nostrils filled his masculine scent. The scent that I was addicted to.

"I have to go." He said as he pulled back.

I nodded, feeling disappointed. I didn't want him to leave. I wanted to spend more time in his arms. But he was right, someone could see us.

He stopped and turned towards me before opening the door. "And if that sleazeball call or come near you, tell me immediately. This time I will kill him." He said with a serious expression, trying to control his anger. I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile.

After Chad left, I got up and went to the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and walked into the shower. I turned on the water and closed my eyes under warm water. I felt so happy this morning. Thanks to my handsome saviour. I sang happily while taking a shower.

I went to the garden, after informing the housekeeper that I was going to eat my breakfast in the garden. It was Saturday, and I wanted to enjoy my weekend in the open air.

I walked towards Chad's room. He was staying in the separate cottage next to the mansion.

I saw him talking on the phone. He wore a white shirt and denim jeans. He looked so handsome and sexy. His hair was wet, probably from the shower. I bit my lower lip, staring at him.

As he hung up the phone, our eyes met. He gave me his charming smile and walked towards me as he put his phone into his pocket.

"Hey." He gave me his boyish smile.

" He gave me his boyish smile

"Hey." I smiled back at him.

He looked around and walked towards the roses. He picked up a pink rose and walked towards me. He gave me the rose. I took it, smiling happily. I closed my eyes as I smelt it. The beautiful smell increased happiness that I had already felt.

"Thank you. It is beautiful."

"You are more beautiful." He said, looking into my eyes, and stroked my cheek. I gave him a shy smile, blushing.

I put on a mini black dress. Then I applied light makeup and did my hair wavy. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time and left as I grabbed my clutch.

Tonight Chad invited me to the nightclub. I was nervous and excited. I knew it wasn't a date. He just invited me to make me forget about yesterday. But still I was happy. He didn't leave my side for a second. We talked, laughed and had dinner together. He was so thoughtful and caring.

After giving the key to a valet, Chad placed his hand on my lower back protectively and led us inside.

I was looking around while waiting for Chad. He went to bring a drink for us.

"Your Cosmo." He gave me his charming smile as he handed me the glass.

"Thank you." I smiled at him back and took the glass.

He sat beside me and placed his arm on the couch behind my back. We were so close that I could smell his mind-blowing scent. He took a sip from his whiskey as he looked at me, making me melt under his intense gaze.

"Dance with me." He stood up and offered me his hand. I smiled and took his hand.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as our bodies started moving in rhythm with the music. He was looking into my eyes without taking his eyes off me for a second while we were dancing. It felt like everyone around us disappeared. Just he and I. I could stay in his arms forever. My happy place.

When we were going towards our table, Chad stopped, looking towards the bar counter. His jaw clenched.

"What hap

"What hap..." I stopped when I looked at the same direction where he was looking.

Damn it!

Chris was here. He was talking to Alissa, his hand on her lower back. More correctly, flirting. They were standing so close to each other. He said something in her ear, and they started laughing.

I looked at Chad nervously. He looked at him with a death glare, his fists clenched. His muscles tensed up.

Oh, no! It didn't look good.

When Chad wanted to rush towards them, I grabbed his arm quickly, stopping him.

"Chad, please..." I gave him a begging look.

"Elise, don't try to stop me!" He demanded, looking totally frustrated.

I released his arm as he gave me an intimidating look.

And in the next second, Chris was laying on the ground, his nose bleeding.