Chapter 30 - Reassurance

Chad's POV

"Chad, I am not interested in your social status. Don't think about it. Believe me I love you so much." She said, stroking my cheek affectionately. I held her hand and planted a soft kiss on her palm.

"I love you too,princess."

Then the idea came into my mind. I cupped her cheek and told her. "Marry me."

She looked at me, surprised. She opened and closed her mouth without saying anything. Then she grinned. "Ok, tell me the place and time. I will be there." She joked, smiling.

"I am serious, Elise." I gave her a serious look.

She sighed and held my head in her hands. "I love you, Chad. How can I prove to you my love? Don't you trust me? I am deeply, madly in love with you. If my father doesn't approve of our relationship, I will not give up on us. I will always be by your side, holding your hand tightly." She paused and held my hand. "Despite the fact that my father will approve or not." She wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back tightly and breathed in her scent. "Don't be suspicious about my love for a second, please." She added.

I was leaning against my pillow, thinking about my previous conversation with my father.

"Are you fine?" Elise interrupted my thoughts as she walked closer to the bed, in her lace black mini nightie showing her slender legs.

"Yeah." I muttered.

She lay down beside me and wrapped her arm around me as she placed her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her and placed a soft kiss on her hair.

"Did Victor tell you anything? You don't look like yourself." She asked as she lifted her head up.

"No, I am fine. Don't worry." I reassured her and planted a chaste kiss on her lips.

Elise's POV

When I opened my eyes the following morning, I was in Chad's arms. His arms wrapped around me from behind,our hands entwined in front of my chest, his head buried in my hair. I liked waking up in his arms. My happy place.

He muttered something under his breath and rolled over. I turned around and placed a soft kiss on his bare back.

When I wanted to get up, suddenly, I felt nauseated. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed into the bathroom.

"Princess, are you okay?" Chad asked, worried as he walked in.

I could not answer him, still vomiting. He pulled my hair back, rubbing my back.

After throwing up, I washed my face. When I looked at myself in the mirror, my face was still pale.

"Are you better?" Chad asked, concerned, stroking my hair.

I nodded as I said. "Probably, I have got food poisoning."

"Let's go to the hospital." He suggested.

"No, let's go back as we planned. I don't want to bump into Victor and Claire again." I said. He nodded.

I was looking through the window in the car. I felt nauseated again on the road. Fortunately, Chad pulled over the car in time. Otherwise, I was about to vomit in the car, but now I felt better. Especially after eating yogurt.

Chad's POV

As I walked out of the shower, my phone rang. I grabbed my phone while drying my hair with a towel. It was my mother.

"Hi,Mom." I greeted her as I picked up my phone.

"Hi, dear. How are you?" She asked.

"Fine,Mom. You?"