Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Warning! I highly recommend reading Dragon Realm before you read this book. It is not a direct sequel of it, but it will be more of a closing to both. However this will not be the last book if you want me to continue the story.

Please and Thank you for reading. I wouldn't have continued Nightshade if I didn't have 1K followers at the time. And now I've got 7k reads on it so of course I'm going to write a third. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me, this one is for all of you. :D

_________________________________________________

Myra

My parents always told me stories of heroes fighting countless villains and never falling before they grew old and died peacefully in bed. They told stories of Old Werewolves or Vampires who fought to defend what they cared for and won because their cause was right. They told me that as long as you were fighting for the right reasons, there was no way you could loose, no way you could die. They said that Gods could never be defeated unless you stopped believing in them.

About 500 years ago, I found out they lied.

My grandmother now lies in a coffin, sitting behind my throne. My aunts picked me to lead the vampires and sit on her throne when I knew nothing about being a leader. So my family helps me make all the decisions because I'm not cut out to be a leader. I don't want to be a leader.

Shouldn't I be able to tell someone else to take the throne?

Well my parents won't let me so it doesn't matter anyway.

Everyday I'm asked to make a decision I have to see the one person in the world, who everyone else thought would never, ever fall, lay dead.

I don't want to see that. I don't want to see her there. It would never have happened if I had helped her. I let this happen! I could have saved her! I was mere feet away! But I did nothing...

Those 200 years were long, and pitiful. Everyone was shaken up. Avalar and Avalon were even sad. They spent all their time in the library reading, and even though they wouldn't admit it I could hear them crying together from my room.

Luna moved into Rose's room. It was only fitting that her sister take care of Venus. No matter how much she hated going into that room. Amber slept in Rose's bed which I understood why. They were lovers. Luna just laid by the small pond that was in front of the tree and ran her fingers through the water.

My parents didn't spend as much time in their room as much. They were usually outside. Alison was always holding onto Kira tightly like she was afraid she would slip away. Emma explained depression is like a cancer to a vampire. If it gets really bad they can lose themselves, and I know Kira and Aviri were so very close to their mother.

Serana and Jade moved into the castle. They've given up all their mother's secrets and they each have their own rooms. They keep mostly to themselves but they've become good friends.

Sarah stays with Alice, as they share a room now. I know they don't flirt because Alice just lost the closest thing to a mother, but Sarah comforts her as best as she can.

Bells and Kat postponed their wedding for a year but they did get married. But they did it right in the throne room, and after they kissed they kissed Rose's coffin and placed their flowers in it with her.

Veronica moved to the Wizards tower to recruit mages to help defend the castle. Amy is now my personal adviser and I'm allowed to ask her to tell me anything about my future.

Aviri rides the horses and stays outside in her free time. The castle reminds her too much of her mother. Otherwise its usually her with me when I have to make the decisions. She's studied up on everything and she wants to make a difference. If anyone could take Rose's place it was her.

I let my forehead touch the glass of the coffin as I closed my eyes. "They told me Gods don't die... if you believe." I whimpered. "I believed... but you're still dead..." Tears dripped down my face. "Everyone else believed too... and you're still dead..."

Alison touched my arm and I turned, burying my head in her chest while she held me close and I cried.

Alison would come here with me a lot. We all grieved but I most of all. Rose's legacy was thrown in my face and I had to hold everything together. Everyone agreed that it was me who needed to lead, to show the rest of the world that mortal enemies can create something strong and to show both races that they can work together. I train hard with both my parents and I constantly get challenged by rogue wolves or stray vampires and I'm forced to either kill them or pound them into the ground so badly they're permanently crippled.

Alison rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. "You're doing great Myra. Just hang in there."

"Hang in there? I'm The Flower! You know, like, forever? There is no break from this!" I whined into her shirt.

She held me closely and let me cry.

She would take me down here almost everyday and I would cry almost every time. I knew Alison tried her absolute hardest not to cry because she didn't want me to see her crushed. But I knew with Rose gone and Kira too destroyed, she was suffering too.

My Shades would stay in my room when I went down here with her because they wanted to give us privacy. I was grateful for their understanding and thanked them constantly. But it was just so hard for me.

Luna summoned werewolves from all around, as Alison had previously told them we might need their help. So when Luna called, they were all ready. They rushed to the castle and bowed to Luna and I.

They moved into the village and helped rebuild it and make it bigger. When humans and hunters and stray vampires came on the account of Kira and Aviri, the once small village became a fortified city. All the races worked together in harmony and they made friends and laughed, and looked out for each other. Humans and wolves were allowed to volunteer to be blood donors and the vampire community thrived just as much as anyone else. It was something Rose would have loved to see.

When I finally calmed down Alison and I left the throne room and parted ways with a hug and kiss on the cheek. She went outside to go find Kira, and I went up to my room to retrieve my Shades.

When I walked in the room Emma was laying on my bed tossing a rubber ball at the ceiling and Alexis was drawing at my desk.

For those of you wondering, no. My relationship with her hasn't gotten any better. I've been too focused on the throne and she's too focused on helping me keep my sanity.

When I opened the door both my Shades got up and hugged me tightly together. They could tell what happened just by looking at my face and I welcomed their embrace before crying on them as well.

This was pretty much everything that happened in the last 200 years. If you were hoping things got better then I'm sorry to disappoint you.