Chapter 13

Nokiya

Aviri's blade clashed with mine the second Rose and my father said "fight". I kicked her in the chest forcing her back.

I had seen her fight against Dragoon. She used the close quarters to her advantage and I needed to keep her away or she could easily be the victor against me.

But why was she attacking me and not Kira?

Oh right... Aviri and Kira shared a stronger link than even I had with Akiya. Their senses, emotions, and thoughts were all linked as if they shared two halves of the same body. With me insulting Kira, Aviri felt the same need for revenge that Kira did.

Me and my big mouth.

Aviri leaped back into combat with me almost gracefully. The Zealot in her body causing her eyes to glow neon pink. This prevented me from seeing what she was looking at. Not only that, but her tail was almost as strong as one of her arms, and at certain points where I swung at her, she would slam her tail into the dirt and support herself where by blade was too far away to cut into the tail, but not high enough to cut into her lower body which she folded against her chest.

Afterwards she would lean forward and swing both daggers nearly taking my head off. I ducked and kicked her tail making her fall forwards onto me. However I rolled out of the way and swung my sword hoping to cut her in half. However she rolled forwards and kicked off Alice's back then lunged back at me.

Alice didn't even seem to notice.

I ducked under her attack again and tried to roll again to get away from her. She stood up and looked over her shoulder, smiling at me with her demonic grin that told me this was a simple game to her.

She was testing me the same way Xena tested Mari. She wanted to know what my tactic was now that I knew what she was capable of. But this woman was beyond fast and flexible. The way she practically wrapped herself around Dragoon while they were fighting was something I wouldn't be able to do.

A dragon's body is built to withstand punishment. We're stronger, and heavier, which makes us slower. And she was easily using that to her advantage by forcing me to keep moving. I had no choice but to block more than attack because she was always too close to me.

We have to slow her down somehow. I thought to Draconian.

Exactly how would you like to go about doing that? She answered.

We could take out her legs, but she'll probably be able to dodge all those attacks then figure out what we're trying to do and retaliate against it. I growled and Aviri's smirk brightened.

"You won't be able to take out my legs." She smiled.

"I know that!" I barked but then returned the smile. "But there is something I can do."

"And what's that?" She asked.

"Draconian, some light please?" I asked.

Draconian practically laughed in my head. I raised my sword as the blade glowed brightly. Aviri shielded her eyes with a groan. Her undead eyes were built for seeing in the dark, and the light rendered her almost blind.

This time I charged forwards, expecting her to be unable to counter, but instead her right arm clashed against the sword, her dagger against her forearm to give it more strength to block the attack. She smirked at me and I only growled.

"I'm using Peredite's eyes. That's okay right?" She asked.

I answered with a snarl before kicking her in the stomach. Her natural pain tolerance answered me with a grunt. However I thought she would fall over but instead she remained standing, and slammed her other dagger into my thigh.