Chapter 12

Alison

Mari leaped over my head and kicked me in the back causing me to stumble forward. By the time I retaliated by spinning around to slice at her, her sword clashed against mine, showing she tried to slice into my back.

My werewolf body was more durable than a vampires, but I was still fast, just not as fast as a vampire, and Mari was just as fast as any vampire. Which was something I did not expect for a dragon.

Our swords clashed over and over as arks of our arms. The blows were so strong that any human arm would have been shattered at the first blow, and rendered useless for the second.

Our strengths must have been equal because it came down to footing. I was trained to use a sword but Dragons were born to use their weapons. And Mari's Scimitar was proof of that. She wielded it like a master would. Like she's had billions of years to practice with it.

I could only keep up and block, I had no way to retaliate against it. On the last clash, I slid my blade to the right causing her to stumble forward from the loss of resistance on that side.

Of course this just happened to be a mistake on my part, but it was enough to get her to stumble which I was not complaining about.

With her stumble I slammed my knee into her back as she fell beside me, sending her face straight into the dirt. I slammed my sword where she was but she rolled to the side and swung up at me. I sidestepped and dragged my sword through the sand spraying in her face as I swung the blade. She growled and stumbled back, her eyes already bloodshot from the sand.

I planted my foot in her chest knocking her back. She charged forwards and slammed her shoulder into me throwing me back. As I went back I felt my sword cut through something and when I looked there were now broken chains coming out of a sword. I looked over finding Kira smiling at me as she sat on Akiya, holding her down.

I returned the smile and raised my sword just in time to block Mari's swing. Our equal strength and footing put us in a lock where we were glaring into each other's eyes just through the clashing blades.

"For a wolf you're a good sword fighter." Mari smirked.

"For a Dragon you're pretty quick. I thought I'd be able to use my speed against you but I'm sadly mistaken." I answered back.

"Didn't you see me fight against Xena?"

"I did. But Xena was blind and she was still able to keep up with you, so I thought maybe you were just a weakling." I smashed my knee into her stomach just under our swords and she groaned. I used my free hand to grab the back of her armor and throw her into the ground to my right.

She rolled across the sand and crashed into Nokiya whom I was aiming for. Nokiya lost her balance and swung her sword at Aviri as she attempted to gain her balance back.

Instead of it cutting her in half, the flat of the blade cracked into Aviri's right leg causing her to flip over and land on her back because Nokiya had fallen over.

"Sorry!" I called out to Aviri.

Aviri stood up and growled at me but then put her focus back in Nokiya as they both stood up. Mari lunged towards me on all fours, and as she got close, she flipped over and rolled across the ground, sliding between my legs. However before she disappeared behind me she stopped right under me where she kicked me in the jaw sending me flying where I landed on my back, my head just inside the ring.

Mari used the momentum of her kick to launch herself through the air in a back flip where she landed back on her feet. As soon as her feet hit the ground again she shot forwards towards me. I rolled out of the way just as her sword slammed into the ground where I had been.

I managed to get back onto my feet but Mari's sword turned bright green and she swung it far away from me. However a blade of light shot from it and I was forced to duck or be decapitated.

Upon standing I realized she had put a decent gash on my shoulder when I rolled out of the way of her attack. Now that I knew the wound was there, my shoulder burned from the pain. Blood dripped from my arm and stained the sand bellow me.

Due to Kira's blood I knew I couldn't bleed out, but the sight of my own blood drove the wolf in the back of my head into a rage.

How dare she strike us! My wolf bellowed. She normally doesn't talk but I guess me getting hit pissed her off.

"Don't worry about it. I'll handle it." I whispered to her.

Let's smash her! My wolf growled.

"Together? It's been a while since we've done that."

Together! It answered.

"Alright then." I smiled.

"Who are you talking to?" Mari asked.

"Unlike Dragons who are alone in their own minds, us Werewolves have a wolf in our head that gives us a hand every now and then. With a wolf's assistance, I get a boost." I smiled showing off my wolfish grin.

Feeling the influence of my wolf, time seemed to slow ever so slightly as to where the slightest movement from Mari caught my attention.

Her breathing, her glare, her stance, was all something I was completely aware of. She barely moved her foot forward to send another blast at me, and my body already reacted to block the blade of light that came at me.

Mari growled and charged forward but my body was one step ahead of her. I leaped up as she swung her sword at chest level and I back flipped. My free hand landing on the flat of her sword. Her strength held me up only for a moment before it was forced to the ground where I fell towards her, wrapping my legs around her neck. With my torso now on the ground, and her bent over, I used my elbows to roll her onto the ground with me.

She snarled and slammed her knees into my back causing me to be thrown forwards. She rolled towards me and swung her blade again, this time I laid flat and just narrowly avoided the swing. I swung my free arm and connected my fist with her cheek. She became a bit dazed and using my right arm which held the sword, I supported my body as I kicked her in the side sending her flying into the coliseum wall where she groaned from the force.

My wolf howled at my victory and I could only howl back in my head. But my wolf was not yet satisfied and when I turned my head seeing my Mate in combat with Akiya, I charged forwards and leaped into the air, planting both feet in Akiya's chest causing her to stumble back.

I flipped backwards and landed next to Kira with a smile. "Did I take too long?" I asked.

"Kira's in a daze from her head butt." Kira answered, though I knew it was Zoe talking due to her purple eyes.

"We can still take her." I smiled.

"I HATE YOU MARI!" Akiya bellowed.

"I didn't see the blow coming! For a werewolf she's just too fast!" Mari complained.