Chapter 37

Nokiya

I closed my door quietly as to not wake Ari. I told her I needed to see Rose, and she asked if she could fall asleep with me before I left, and I gladly allowed her.

Xena ran past me just as I closed the door, and I yelped. "Xena watch o- Bells!"

But it was too late. Bells couldn't see over the blankets she was carrying, so Xena plowed into her, throwing them everywhere.

I jogged over finding both of them on the floor. Xena was laying on top of Bells, her head resting on her chest, and her legs between Bells's who was on her back.

"Sorry Bells. I didn't think anyone wouldn't be able to see me." Xena groaned.

Bells pet the back of Xena's head. "It's alright." She nodded a bit. "But please get up."

Xena went to get up but just as she did, Kat came around the corner holding a vase in one arm. The stopped and stared at the two on the floor before looking up at me with narrowed eyes.

"This was an accident right?" She asked.

"Yeah. Xena was running in the hallway." I answered.

"Again!? You already broke the vase!" Kat groaned.

Xena rolled off Bells before getting up. I helped Bells pick up the blankets but I didn't hand them to her. She stood up and dusted herself off.

"I was running because Shana started tickling me." Xena said as she rubbed her arm nervously.

I smirked a bit. "Are you mates?"

"I-I don't... maybe... I guess." Xena answered.

"You should know." Kat said as she walked over to Bells and took her hand with her free one, as if daring anyone to try to touch her again.

"Well I don't know." Xena said. "Why should I know? What if I want to enjoy the mystery of not knowing?"

"Then you're cute." I told her with a smirk. Xena rolled her eyes.

"You guys are totally teasing me." Xena sighed.

"Of course we are." Kat said. "I just saw you on top of my wife."

"Kathrine." Bells glared getting Kat to shrug with a smile.

"You're so mean." I rolled my eyes.

"Its a odd friendship. She breaks things, I laugh about them and help her up, then groan about it later when I realize I'm still the maid." Kat smiled. "She's a good kid, just a bit clumsy."

"Thanks?" Xena questioned.

"Go see Shana." I smiled and tapped Xena on the shoulder.

Xena smiled and nodded. As she walked past Kat she touched her arm, whether to make sure she was there, or to thank her for being playful.

I smirked a bit then said goodnight to the maids before walking to Rose's room.

When I stepped in my breath was taken away. I expected a bedroom, but instead I found a forest. I blinked and looked at the Spriggans walking around the massive tree in the middle of the room, pulling the moss off the bottom.

I stepped in and stepped over a few tree roots. A Spriggan stood up in front of me and startled me, as I thought it was a bush. I fell against the large tree and yelped at the spark of magic that literally created light beneath my hand.

I stumbled back as the bark on the tree twisted into a face before smiling at me. "Aurora? Is that you?" The tree asked.

"N-No. I'm half of Aurora." I answered. "My name is Nokiya."