Chapter 10

Planning continued for several hours, till every detail was sorted out. For a True God, Rose took the opinions of all her Demon advisors. She listened to their requests and didn't seem as hostile as everyone knew what was at stake now.

By the time it was over, the daylight was lost. We decided to settle for dinner, and let's just say Bells and Kat missed their Mistress perhaps more than we all did.

When Rose took her seat, the two Cat-girls pounced on her together knocking Rose's chair over. All that was seen from the other seats were Rose's legs in the air and two cat tails waving about with the Lattemer's whining and crying about how much they missed her.

It was honestly one of the most comical thing's that I had seen in a long time. We all let out all our stress by laughing and joking together. With Rose back it felt as though the biggest burden that we all shared was lifted.

Once the maids regained their composure they got another chair for Avali beside Rose. Avali seemed so much like any other Demon even though her race was supposedly human. She was a Hunter. She killed countless demons who threatened humanity, but she was so kind yet wild much like Kira.

We all enjoyed ourselves together, and seeing Kira so happy again made my heart flutter with joy. She was so happy it lit up everyone in the room. Without her everyone seemed so upset without her happiness guiding the conversation. She used to be the first person to crack a joke and lighten the tension of the meals, but it turned into silence for a few years till Myra and I took over her job.

But with Rose back she was once again the life of the conversation, retaliating against any insult in a joking manor no matter who they were originally talking to.

Nokiya and Akiya constantly bickered and joked among themselves as if they were in their own little world together. They were constantly chatting and it was so obvious how powerful their relationship was between them. Camelia just smiled and listened like she knew it was pointless to get involved.

I laughed and joked with Kira once again. It was amazing how just having one person back, everyone was so much better off. Rose had influence in all of us. She was a mother to everyone and a friend to everyone else. Her death was a bombshell, and her revival was another.

It caused realization that even though we didn't often talk with her, she was still an important person in everyone's life.

Nokiya cracked a smirk as she looked over at Kira. "So-o-o Kira." She smiled.

Kira returned her look with a playful grin. "Yes Nokiya?"

"How well do you think I can aim?" She asked.

"You use a sword not a bow, I believe you to suck at aiming." Kira answered.

"We'll see." She smiled. She put her hands on the table hard, and I noticed the food she had placed on her fork. She launched the food through the air and Kira leaned back, holding the table with her hands where she caught the food in her mouth and smiled.

"Well done with the chicken Bells." She smiled.

"Thank you." Bells answered with a laugh.

Nokiya glared at Kira. "If I hadn't moved, you would have dirtied our floor." Kira teased.

"Don't make me call a food fight." Nokiya growled.

"Not at my table." Rose answered as she ate her food.

Kira smirked but then yelped and jumped a bit as Nokiya smirked.

"You keep your tail on that side of the table." Kira growled causing me to laugh.

"Even your wife thinks you're funny." Nokiya teased getting Camelia and Akiya's laughter.

"What I wouldn't give to see all our children duel together." Vultorus said as he tore into his chicken leg.

"Perhaps that can be arranged?" Rose smiled.

"I'll gladly challenge you!" Kira barked at Nokiya who smiled back.

"I'll gladly accept." Came her answer.

"Same." Akiya smiled, and all her weapons agreed with a growl.

"As do we, right Peredite?" Aviri smiled as she drank from a glass of blood. Peredite smiled brightly as if agreeing.

"Jurgen, Mari! You too!" Vultorus laughed.

"Are you asking for us to join?" Avalar asked.

"Yeah, those two may be a bit overkill." Rose sighed.

"A bit?" Kira looked at her mother.

"Perhaps... Alison?" Luna suggested.

"I accept." I shrugged.

Jurgen and Mari both smiled brightly, obviously underestimating me and my wolf.

"That still leaves Rose with one less." Myra said.

"Alice? Would you like to participate?" Rose offered.

Alice's golden eyes looked up from the glass she was drinking from. She set it down and looked towards the dragon's who were daring her to participate.

"Gladly. I'll remind the Barbeques why we're a force to be reckoned with." Alice's eyes glowed with excitement getting us all to shout out in our readiness.

Our magical castle apparently already came with an arena. According to the Dragon's it looked a lot like the one in their castle.

It was a 4v4 battle and all of us were ready for it. Kira, Aviri, Alice and I were all standing on one side, and the Dragons were standing across from us. The arena itself was an almost perfect circle drawn in the sand. Between the circle and the wall of the arena was about 5 more feet of sand. The wall went up the same height and then turned into a stadium set of bleachers.

Rose sat above us along with everyone from our castle, and the Dragon's were across from us.

The Dragons in front of us all drew their magic weapons that possessed their own souls.

Kat walked out into the middle of the arena just as the gold armor of the dragons materialized on their bodies. Akiya pounded her sword against her blue shield that used to be Camelia, like a Greek Gladiator.

Us on the vampire side, donned our silver armor and I drew a sword as did Alice. Kira and Aviri held a different style and they pulled out daggers about as long as their forearms. Our armor was leather but a bright silver. We used speed more than brute force. The Dragons loved their plate armor.

Kat smiled at both teams. "The rules are as follows: No shifting, all other abilities are accepted. Your companions cannot shift into a human or dragon form, this includes your weapons. Time is the only ability that is forfeit." Akiya sighed sarcastically. She probably wasn't going to use it in the first place. "If you step out of the circle, you are disqualified. Fatal blows also disqualify you, and the circle will let you know when that happens. Wounds will appear and cause actual pain as long as you are in the circle, but once you leave it they will vanish. You also cannot die. That's everything."

As Kat made her way out of the circle, all the vampires lit their eyes up red and I smiled. "I can't be intimidating like that." I teased.

Kira smiled and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Ready!" Kat bellowed.

We all took our stances and prepared our charge.

"Set!"

My wolf howled with readiness and Kira let out a hiss of excitement.

"FIGHT!" Came Rose and Vultorus.

We charged without a second thought.