Chapter 15

Alison

Kira pressed my back against the bed as she kissed me. All her happiness was back now that her mother had returned. The sad and depressed state she was in was completely lifted and she was back to being loving and outgoing.

When her lips broke from mine her kisses trailed down my neck as she started to lift my shirt up, practically gliding her fingers over my skin.

As if to mock the great progress we made, and to completely destroy the mood, there was a knock on the door that got us both to growl with our animalistic side.

Kira got off me and I corrected my shirt while she opened the door only to find Nokiya smiling at us. "Sorry to interrupt." She laughed.

"Do you know what you were interrupting?" Kira growled.

"Judging by the awful scent in this room, yes I do." Nokiya laughed.

"That just makes me want to kill you even more." Kira growled at Nokiya. "So you better have a very good reason for interrupting us."

"Not really. Just wanted to say hi really." Came Nokiya's answer.

"I hate you." Slipped from my mouth and easily glided out of Kira's. Nokiya looked over Kira's shoulder where she smirked at me.

"You're evil." I whined. "Come on Nokiya, let us be!" I probably sounded like a child deprived of playing with my best friend... which I guess was what was happening.

"You two are so cute." Nokiya smiled.

Kira went to close the door on her, but Nokiya's foot held the door at bay. "Though I do have something to talk to you about, but first you two have to open a window or something in here please." Nokiya waved her hand in front of her face to tease us.

Kira narrowed her eyes and moved her arms as if pushing the air towards Nokiya. "You're standing in the only way out of the room you idiot." Kira answered.

"You have a massive window looking into the indoor garden." Nokiya growled. "Open the window."

I grumbled and stood up, pushing the window opened. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked her.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Can you deal with the smell?" Kira retorted. Nokiya narrowed her eyes and pushed past us. She sat on the couch beside the desk and Kira and I sat on the bed facing her.

"I have a couple things to talk about actually." Nokiya said as she began playing with her fingers nervously. "I have to ask, is Myra mated to anyone? Because Mari talks about her a lot and I'm worried she might get hurt." Nokiya said.

Nokiya was the oldest of four siblings, and because of that and her personality, she developed a big sister complex. She had to make sure that all of her siblings were happy and content with whatever happened in life, and if something went wrong, she found herself doing her best to make them feel better. That was all she wanted, to make her siblings happy.

I smiled sympathetically. "I think she's mated to Alexis."

"By the amount of howling her wolf did I second that." Kira rolled her eyes.

Nokiya smiled at our truthfulness. "Thank you."

"And I'm pretty sure Mari knows." Kira said. "Anyone can pick up the scent Myra is giving off."

"Kinda like yours?" Nokiya asked, dodging the pillow Kira threw at her.

Kira and Nokiya were best friends. I guess that's what happens when you date for a little while. I was a little jealous of Nokiya for stealing Kira's first kiss, but at the same time, Kira deserved to have a little love in her life. Plus it was long before I was born anyway.