Chapter 5

Aviri

It's been so long since you've let me have any fun at all Aviri, are you sure this is okay? Peredite asked, obviously talking about how I don't battle a lot.

I figured I should test out my arm anyway. Why not have a battle with a Warrior Goddess?

We can take her. Peredite seemed overly confident.

Dragoon raised her hands and took on a stance I easily knew. She was going to fight me with the dragon style of martial arts. So predictable for a dragon.

I wonder if she'll be slow? From what Kira said, she prefers brute force and can take a lot of hits. Peredite said.

Isn't it wonderful to be dead? I smiled getting Peredite to laugh. I might not be as fast as my little sister, but I can still run circles around a lizard like her.

I lunged forward and kicked out my leg. She blocked with her arm and swung her other arm at me. Without even lowering my foot I put one arm under the arm she swung with and the other over it. I then twisted her arm causing her to have to lean with me, or risk it being ripped from the socket. At the same time I continued to press on her with my leg, launching her into the ground. As she fell, I grabbed her arm that I was twisting, and pulled it behind me. Although she was able to lift her upper body up with me so I couldn't shatter her arm, she wailed in pain.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Akiya stand up with anger in her eyes as I hurt her friend. Camelia stood up beside her slowly, and Nokiya held Akiya back so she wouldn't interfere.

I thought I already won and I was about to laugh, but I heard a growl and my strength was outmatched. She straightened her arm and pulled it down with enough force, that my iron grip yanked me down onto the ground myself.

My face met the dirt and Dragoon practically rolled to a straddling position on top of me. She grabbed my wrists and yanked my arms back. Although my right arm was a bit numb from being severed previously, the fact that she was dislocating both my shoulders hurt like a bitch.

Good thing Nightshades have a natural resistance to pain.

Instead of wailing out like a human, I merely groaned.

You're an idiot. Kira told me.

Excuse me? I growled. My eyes locked on her's as I pulled back on my shoulders with all I had to keep Dragoon from tearing them from my sockets.

When you piss off a Dragon, their physical strength is doubled. Dragoon was already on equal standing with you if not more so. You can't fight her head on. Kira shrugged.

Can I stab her?

It's a duel. When the duel is called, and a winner is picked all wounds will be healed. You know that.

I smirked and posed my tail behind her. Akiya yelped in surprise as I raised my tail and pointed it at Dragoon's back. When I stabbed it into Dragoon's back she wailed out in pain before snarling and gritting her teeth. Her moment of pain weakened her grip and allowed me to yank my arms from her grasp.

I let my wings explode from my back throwing Dragoon off me. She rolled backwards across the ground but then stopped on her feet and stood up. Her yellow blood dripped from the deep wound on her back and from the tip of my tail.

I love your tail Peredite. I purred.

You constantly say that. She answered.

It's not a dirty kind of like. Plus it would be painful if it was.