Chapter 23

The pond was not shallow. It was almost a vertical drop straight down into blackness from where we landed. There was a shallow area by where we were, but I assumed that Avali had used her magic to launch us into the center of the pond.

I encountered two problems with me in the water.

One, was that I was unarmed, so I couldn't have another duel if that was what was going to happen.

And two, I couldn't breathe.

I'm a land dragon! Not a water dragon! I was about to panic when Camelia swam in front of me and grabbed my wrist, dragging me down deeper.

Bubbles escaped my mouth when I realized I was running out of air. I pulled myself towards Camelia and shook her shoulder to get her attention. She looked at me, unphased by the fact we were underwater, and could no longer see the light on the surface.

I pointed up as a few more bubbles escaped my mouth.

I can't breathe underwater Camelia! I'm going to drown! I yelled in thought.

Her eyes narrowed. My lungs already burned from holding my breath this long with my unexpected drop.

I thought she would swim me back up to the surface, but instead she pulled me towards her, and locked her lips with mine. I assumed my eyes probably popped out of my skull at that point.

In my panic, I opened my mouth, but she kept her's there, and when I breathed in to gasp, I realized I was getting oxygen, and the pressure in my lungs eased to nothingness.

Take a deep breath. Camelia ordered.

I obeyed and she leaned back with a smirk before taking my wrist again and swimming farther down in a spiral, the water around us propelling us down.

How the hell did you do that? And how did you know you could?

Logic, and logic. She answered.

Explain.

I have gills that you can't see while I'm in my human form, but I also have lungs. The gills take the oxygen from the water, and use it to fill my lungs. I just gave you some of that by breathing into you. Camelia explained.

I was pretty sure she was bullshitting me and she just used some kind of magic spell. But... I guess it kind of made sense.

If not for my dragon eyes, I wouldn't have been able to see anything. There was absolutely no light sources coming from anywhere around us, but I was still able to see the walls narrowing around us.

We squirmed into a small hole, and knowing Camelia could give me more air if I needed it, let me focus on not panicking. So my heart rate stayed down, and I swear it took almost 5 minutes before I needed another breath which Camelia gladly gave me.

The kissing was the best part honestly.

There was a circular pocket of water, and at the very bottom, half way in the rock bellow, was a gold sword with a silver hilt. It had a silver trim on the back of the blade, and the language of demons was written up one side of it, and the other side had dragon tongue.

Both said the same thing.

"I am Bellatrix, Sword of Life and Death. He who wields me, wields the Fate of others."

I swallowed back my fear and reached for the swords handle. Before I could even make contact with it, lava red eyes opened in the back of my mind and I almost flipped my shit.

"If you so much as scrape me, I will electrify the water and burn both of you to a crisp." Came one of the most powerful voices I've ever heard. It made Myra's Queen voice sound like a mouse squeaking at the cat before it was devoured.