Chapter 36

Alison

Kira let the notes from her magical violin flow throughout the room in a happy melody. She was sitting on the nightstand beside Aviri's bed as she played her instrument.

Aviri was moved to her own room, because she didn't like being surrounded by other wounded vampires who would recover much faster at the taste of a Pureblood's blood.

Plus, being in her room meant no one else could hear Kira's magical notes that would consume their thoughts with emotions and create a new addiction.

I went to stand up but Aviri growled causing Kira to stop her violin, drawing out the last note.

"Fluffy, keep your ass in your chair." Aviri warned.

"Rude." I muttered.

"I know Kira's violin gets you all lustful, and you will not be going at it right next to me. Especially when I have Kira's sha- Zoe!" Aviri whined as she writhed on the bed. Her right arm was in a sling and her torso was covered in normal bandages, as well as Zoe's purple ones.

I knew it was very easy for Zoe to make Aviri feel uncomfortable. Zoe was not her shade, and having another soul wiggle around in your body was not a pleasant feeling.

Peredite sat on the opposite side of the bed as Kira and I. While Peredite was actually sitting on the side of Aviri's bed, I was sitting in a chair I had pulled over from Aviri's desk.

Kira laughed. "Why do you think I play it so much dear sister?"

"I know why you play it! I can hear your thoughts and everything!" Aviri growled.

"Did I take your virginity too?" I questioned with a smirk, which only got Aviri to glare at me.

"Thankfully no." Aviri answered. "Peredite makes a lovely distraction."

"T-M-I." I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't mean like that." Aviri groaned. "Plus I couldn't do that anyway, I'd probably be yelling your name, and Kira would start yelling Peredite."

"Yeah, that would be awkward." Kira sighed.

"I'd probably think she was cheating on me." I sighed.

"I'm just glad you treat Peredite with respect." Kira said.

"Do you ever have problems when they have sex?" I asked as I looked at Kira.

"I have a Shade whom can sever the link with her." Kira answered.

"Then why doesn't she do it when we go at it?"

"Cuz she's too busy keeping me from loosing myself."

"Well you already use me as a blood bank." I said as I rubbed the side of my neck.

"The bite always makes it feel better." Kira smirked.

"Don't talk about this when I'm right friggen here!" Aviri hissed.

"Aw, Aviri would you like a bite?" I laughed.

"Of course I would!" Aviri growled. "It would heal me so much faster!"

I looked at Kira for permission and she just nodded to me. Peredite helped me sit Aviri up, and she whined a bit, putting her free hand over her chest. I knew Zoe probably made her feel super uncomfortable, but she never complained about it unless Zoe was doing something on purpose.

I was actually very surprised with Aviri's ability to resist her vampiric tendencies. Kira has problems when she's hurt or when she can smell or see it. But Aviri was so badly damaged, and it appeared that she wasn't even the slightest bit tempted by blood, other than the fact she knew it would help her heal.