Chapter 6

Have an early update because I can't tell if my wattpad app is broken on my phone or not.

Myra

After Aviri and Dragoon picked themselves up, we showed the dragons to their assorted rooms. On my way to my room I hoped I could just lie down and go back to sleep until dinner.

I thought I earned it.

Obviously not.

When I opened my door, Mari was sitting on the foot of my bed waiting for me.

"How did-?"

Didn't we just show her to her own room? How did she pass us? Emma asked.

"I have no idea." I shook my head. "What are you doing here Mari?" I asked.

"I just wanted to have some company." She smiled. "You and your Shades are the only people my age besides the two Stargazers. But they seemed a bit... cold... so I was kind of afraid to get to know them."

"Yeah, they're like that." I shrugged. "But you could have waited till after I got here to knock on the door and be invited in like a normal person."

"But I'm not normal." She answered as she crossed her legs.

Looking back on it, it looked like she matured a lot. She was gorgeous now. Her facial features looked perfect in every way and her hair wasn't frizzy or messy at all even though she had just dueled with Xena. Her bright blue eyes looked so soft and gentle that I found myself staring into them.

"Myra?" Mari called, pulling me back into reality.

"Y-Yeah? Sorry, I was thinking about what we were going to have to do for the fight." I lied.

It looked like you were gazing into her eyes to me. Emma observed.

Keep your mouth shut or I'll put you in a crystal ball. I warned.

"I've been thinking about that too. Olexious won't die easily. He prefers to think and lead from behind rather than fight. When he's on the battlefield, he rallies his troops like in a strategy game. They fight stronger because they want to please him." Mari said. "I don't know how we can compete with that unless you plan on fighting on the front lines."

"Of course I do. I'd never let anyone else fight in my place. If I did then what kind of leader would I be?" I asked.

"The same as any leader." Mari's gaze went to the floor.

"What do you mean?"

"No King or Queen ever takes the front lines of a battle. My father rarely ever does it. He sends us to do it for him. Same with Olexious and even Rose did it."

"I'm not Rose!" I snapped.

"I never said you were, hence why you were thinking about going head first into the fight." Mari told me as she looked up at me, unphased by my sudden shout.

I frowned. Mari doesn't know how to express fear the way we do. Dragons don't in general. They respond to fear by attacking head first.

"Fair enough." I sighed. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry." She smiled softly. "I can't imagine how stressed you are. You're a teenager who literally has the world on their shoulders." She said as she stood up and walked over to me, gently taking my hands. She was a few inches shorter than me, which made her have to look up at me. "If there's anything you need, anything at all, were here for you. The Alvar clan is at your service. Especially me." with that she gently placed her lips on my cheek before letting her hands slip from mine. "I'll be in the room you so kindly gave me. Please come to me if you need anything. Even if you just want to talk." She said. I watched her as she headed to the door.

"Okay." I told her, giving her a weak smile which she returned just before she shut the door behind her.

I heard someone sit on the bed behind me and when I turned to look, Alexis was sitting there tapping her foot with her arms crossed.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Nothing." She answered.

Someone's jealous. Emma said.

"I am not Emma!" She barked.

If you weren't jealous then you wouldn't be yelling would you? Emma answered.

"Please don't argue you guys." I sighed.

Alexis turned and crossed her arms. "She started it."

Don't act like a child. Emma retorted.

I growled and forced Emma out of my body where she ended up on her back on the floor. Alexis spun around to face me with a look of complete shock, and when Emma's gaze met mine, she wore the same expression.

"If you two are going to bicker then leave me out of it! I have beyond enough to deal with than two immature Shades!" I snarled before turning and leaving the room, slamming the door behind me.

I stormed down the hallway ignoring the worried faces of the maids before I made my way outside where I ran across the field and leaped over the river before charging into the forest.

Alice and Alison both had the same way for relieving stress, and it seemed to work for me.

I made my way up a hill surrounded by trees in an almost perfect soil, before I shed my human shell and unleashed my hybrid beast. I let my wings stretch and I leaned back before bellowing up at a sky that would never answer.

I roared as loud as my lungs would let me, and even after I silenced myself the roar echoed for almost five seconds. Every demon for miles heard my anger, and without a doubt everyone in the castle.

I swung my arm smashing through trees sending them shattering into thousands of splinters. The two halves of the tree rolled across the ground.

"Why me Rose?! Why was I meant to take your place?! An abomination whom people only obey because it's what they fear!? I'm to cause chaos right!? That's what your prophecy said!?" I let out another roar before smashing through more trees. "Is this enough chaos for you Rose!? Are you going to come back and punish me Rose!?"

My third roar drained me of my remaining strength, and I once again donned my human form. My breath was heavy and almost painful. My throat hurt from how much force I used.

"Are you done with your childish temper-tantrum?" A woman's voice called from behind me. In an instant, I grabbed a fragment of wood to my side and launched it towards the voice. It impaled into another tree and I glared into the bright blue eyes of a woman who was clearly not a normal human.

She had short black hair that was shaped around her face, and a white streak of hair on both sides of her face as if to outline it. She was wearing knight's grieves and boots, but a leather chest piece and a hooded cloak with leather arm guards. Her hood was down and she was leaned against the tree I had thrown the wood at. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest as she smiled at me.

The wood I had thrown just inches from her face.

"You dare call me childish?" I snarled.

"Words from The Flower herself I'm afraid." The girl shrugged.

"You know nothing of Rose!" I barked, stepping forward. My beast crawling under my skin, begging to be released to tear this woman apart.

She looked about the same age as Rose was. Her features just as fined. She looked beautiful. But beautiful demons are often ugly monsters beneath their shells.

"I know everything of Rose, I know everything of you, and your parents. I know all about Exodious and I know all about the Dragon Lords you brought into the castle." The girl answered.

"Are you Exodious?!" I snarled.

The girl laughed in a way that seemed both evil and good at the same time. "No. I'm Elysium."

My jaw hit the ground and my eyes popped from my skull.

"But you may call me Avali."