Chapter 28

Nokiya

I walked out of the castle meeting everyone already waiting. Avalar and Avalon sat on horses and waited. As I walked over to my family, Avalon stopped me.

"Nokiya, wait. Rose wishes to speak with you in the throne room." Avalon said.

"It's important." Avalar added.

"Well of course. It's Rose, it's always important." I almost growled out.

Truth be told I was nervous. I've been in war before, but never in a war of actual gods. We were Rose's pawns just as Olexious and Zia were Exodious's. But Rose was supposed to rush head on into the battle.

I nodded to the twins and headed back inside then into the throne room. She was talking to Amber.

"...Are you sure about this?" Amber asked. "It won't kill her, but it might hurt her."

"It won't." Came Rose's answer. She looked to me and smiled softly.

"What's going to hurt?" I asked.

"It won't hurt, and if it does, let me know." Rose said as she and Amber walked over.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"With Myra gone, I cannot leave the castle without Exodious sensing me. I need someone to hide my power."

"You were going to use Myra right? You were going to possess her or something." I offered.

"Yes. Since I'm no longer bound to the mortal plane, I can become a specter if I so choose. In doing so, my power will be fused to the host's."

"You need me."

"Yes, and sadly the reasons I am able to do so with you, are not to your liking."

"Because Akiya isn't here, half my soul is missing, so I should be able to withstand yours."

"Also because you've learned to use Order. Which will prevent the Chaos my soul in your body will bring." Rose explained.

I nodded slightly. "Alright. I don't know how this will work but... okay." I looked up at her, and she smiled down at me. She was tall, even for a vampire. She was at least a foot taller than I was, and as a Dragon, I was pretty tall.

She touched my cheek softly. "You have no need to be nervous. I have no doubt, everything will be fine." She explained.

"I trust you Rose." I told her.

She dropped her hand from my cheek and looked over at Amber. "So it really is as simple as you say?" She asked her shade.

"Yes Rose. It really is." Amber sighed. "But be careful with the poor girl."

"No harm will come to her." Rose answered before looking back at me with a smile which I could only answer with a smile of my own.

Rose put a hand on my collar bone and let her body phase into mine, making me jump at the sudden intrusion of my body and soul.

It was the most odd feeling I've ever felt when Rose's soul practically wrapped around mine. I almost dropped to my knees but I held my ground.

After a minute or so the feeling either subsided or I became used to it enough where I could relax a bit.

"Wow." Amber muttered as she looked at me in almost awe.

"What?" I asked.

Amber turned her arm into a blade and held it up so I could see my reflection in it. My one blue eye was now a bright silver, and I had a slight white aura glowing around my body. When I looked down at my hands I could see the same aura.