Chapter 30

Nokiya

"Nokiya?" Came Alice's voice. I turned my head finding her jog over. Lillian sat on her head waving at me. I pulled on the reins of my horse and it came to a stop. "You look... well, you look good." She managed a smile. I assumed she guessed why I looked like a Goddess.

Sarah, Xena, Serana and Jade walked up behind her, followed by tons of vampires, all with red eyes. Very few of them had gold eyes, but I could tell those were her higher in commands.

But they looked at Alice as if she was something to fear. I guess it was because she could kill them without raising her finger. She could attack the soul directly, and kill them with no effort. So they obeyed her every command.

"Thank you. For a mad vampire you look good yourself." I nodded with a smile, getting a smile out of her.

"We await your orders Nokiya." Alice bowed her head respectively.

"Gather your soldiers and follow us. We're heading to the mines without a second to loose." I told her.

Luna made her way out of the woods herself. "Lady Nokiya." She smiled. "My wolves are on their way there. They will wait on either side of the bridge for you to arrive."

"Very good." I smiled. "Let us move out then."

I knew our army was filled with undead and powerful demons. I wasn't worried about setting up a camp. If we did, by Rose's estimates Myra, Akiya and company would arrive back before we got there. And they can open the portal anywhere they want. They would likely open it right in the mine to have a surprise attack. But without us there, all it would be is a surprise.

Our army made good time. We had already arrived in the Realm of Dragons and it was only noon. It would take maybe another day to get to the mines.

Ari's arms tightened around my waist and I looked over my shoulder at her. "Are you alright?" I asked.

"I am nervous." She answered. "I may have strong magic, and I may be a skilled fighter, but I am no match for a Fragment of Elysium."

"Exodious is no Fragment." I told her. "And you will not be fighting her. I'll need you to watch my back while I fight her."

"I can attack several enemies at once, so I suppose I will be of some use." She nodded into my back. Her cheek rested between my shoulder blades.

"Some use?" I laughed, getting Rose to smile in my thoughts. "You are the most important person here in my eyes. You can summon the forest to fight at will can you not?"

"I can." Ari sighed.

"This is a world I'd like to keep peaceful. If Exodious wishes to take it, then she will need to fight through it to win."

"I will call the forest to battle then." Ari nodded.

We must have more troops than Exodious. There is no way she can counter such an army. I thought to Rose.

She will likely resort to trickery. Not to mention the bridges in are covered in traps that may or may not fall when her attention is brought elsewhere. She could also have the top of the mine sealed off, preventing entry from the sky, forcing us to move across the bridge. Rose explained.

You can help me will the traps away then. I told her.

Do you believe you can do that? Rose asked.

If not, then Akiya will have to get her ass over here and do it for me. I told her.

It's true that Dragoon can help her control Chaos yes, but shouldn't your Sword be able to help you? Rose questioned.