Chapter 22

Akiya

I jumped when Nokiya ran past me without even noticing I was sitting just beside her as she rushed into the kitchen. Instead she went straight for Aria who looked just as surprised as me and Camelia did.

"Ari, I-I remember everything." Nokiya said, her eyes filled with both pain, and even more joy.

"E-Everything?" Aria asked.

Nokiya took Aria's hands gently in her own. Her eyes now gazing straight back into Aria's as if trying to read her expression. "Everything." Nokiya repeated.

"And?" Aria asked, watching Nokiya's facial expressions as if she was waiting to have her feelings crushed by rejection.

However Nokiya just answered her with a smile, and after a moment, the action processed in Aria's head, and she returned the smile with an even greater passion.

"I've missed you so much Noki."Aria whimpered, her eyes starting to tear up.

"I've missed you too Ari." Nokiya smiled. They wrapped their arms around each other and held each other close. I had to fight myself not to comment on Nokiya's new pet name, but I got a little help from Camelia when she punched me in the arm like she was trying to break it.

"I really hate to break this up, but how exactly did you get your memories back?" I raised an eyebrow.

Nokiya faced me with a smile, still holding one of Aria's hands. "My past self and I connected together. Her memories and skills are my own now. I'm just continuing her memory." She smiled.

"Is that so?" I questioned, getting Camelia to punch me in the arm again. "Can you please stop hitting me woman!?" I growled at her.

"Can you stop making fun of your sister?" She answered.

"How did I make fun of her the last time?!"

"You were being rude." She narrowed her eyes.

"It's fine Camelia, she's my sister, so I'll let it slide." Nokiya smiled. Everything about her seemed different. She had a stronger aura, and a kinder expression. I was curious to see what she could do, but I was also worried to find out. At least she seemed nicer.

Mistress? Everyone is getting worried about you three. Dragoon called to me. Even Kronos has begun pacing.

Aww, Kronos is worried about me? I couldn't help but laugh. We'll be back at the castle shortly.

Myra has decided to strike the Bakara Mines as soon as possible. We need you home so we can plan.

I thought we already had a plan.

"We also have to get there hefah." Nokiya rolled her eyes as she laced her fingers through Aria's as they both faced us.

"I'm glad you're still an ass." I glared at my sister. I thought getting those memories would make her nice forever.

"Only nice to Ari." Nokiya smiled as she glanced at her Nymph, who's expression told me that she thought she was still dreaming.

We do have a plan. But we have to get there, then make sure its executed perfectly, otherwise we loose everything.

We'll be home soon. I told her.

Aria walked us out of her home and back towards the lake.

"Can you find your way from here?" Aria asked us.

Nokiya blinked and looked at her in awe. "You're not coming?" She asked.

Aria frowned and looked at the ground. "I must stay here." She said. "I have to protect the relic."