Chapter 16

Myra

Alison's wolf was howling with victory all morning. I was kind of curious as to why but I kept avoiding it because I knew it wasn't because she was given a new chew toy.

Me and my shades sat at the dining table along with everyone else and chowed down on breakfast. Rose pulled up two chairs and had Bells and Kat sitting on either side of her, talking about how they got married.

It was cute watching them talk to Rose, and I knew they greatly missed her.

For the first time in a while, Shana had breakfast with us, probably so she could see Rose. She sat between her parents, and Rose watched her curiously.

"Um, Rose. What's bothering you?" Bells asked, her face slightly pink.

Rose looked over at Bells and smiled softly before petting her under the chin, getting the cat girl's eyes to roll back as she purred happily. "Nothing. But thank you for your concern." Rose answered.

"Hey no fair! Me too!" Kat complained, but Rose complied and pet her under the chin as well. The table erupted in laughter as the two cat girl's purring was very audible.

Alexis was chatting with Xena, but I wasn't really paying attention. Instead, I was watching Emma and Mari as they talked. Mari sat down beside Emma and they went on talking about sugary foods.

I had to try not to laugh at the scene.

The four puppies charged in the dinning room and ran under the table getting a few jumps from the people on that end whom were some of the servants.

Akiya let out a loud yawn and Nokiya punched her in the arm.

"What's wrong Akiya? Does Camelia have more stamina than you?" Nokiya asked, and as Camelia choked on what she was drinking, Akiya punched her back.

"You know for a fact that's not what happened. I was sharing a room with you!" She growled.

"That's not any better." Kira laughed.

"Hey, Jurgen, do you smell that?" Nokiya asked as she nudged her brother who was tearing into the bacon.

"Yeah. It smells kind of like-."

Before he could finish, Kira stood up and lobbed Alison's plate right at him, as Kira didn't eat. The eggs and potatoes stuck to his face as the plate fell to the floor. Kira smiled with a very satisfied grin.

"I was still eating those Kira." Alison sighed.

"S-Sorry." Kira said. Just as she was about to sit down, Jurgen retaliated by emptying his glass of orange juice all over my vampire mother.

Kira stumbled back as her shirt was soaked. "I am going to tear you a new one!" Kira roared. Just as she was about to leap over the table, Rose's laughter jerked all our heads to her.

Her hands were covering her mouth as if she was desperately trying not to release a howl of laughter, but eventually this failed and she buried her head in her arms as she laughed her royal ass off.

"Mother?" Kira asked. Avalar and Avalon watched her laugh, but soon even they couldn't hold in their giggled, and the table erupted in laughter that didn't seem to have a cause.

When everyone's giggle fits died, Rose was making that end-of-laughing-fit wheezing sound as she tried to hold onto her royal appearance as she rolled her head around on the table.

"What was so funny Lady Rose?" Bells asked.

"I missed my family so much." She simply stated as she hugged an arm around both her maids and smiled as they seemed very shocked by this gesture, but they too smiled.