Chapter 24

The next morning I awoke alone. Grey was not in my bed like he was last night. he stayed the night here, I'm not sure why he disappeared this morning. I pulled out my cell phone and hit call for Grey's name. He picked up almost immediately.

   "Well good morning Beautiful." Hearing his voice brought a smile to my face.

   "Good morning. Where did you go?" I sat up in my bed and pulled the sheets up with me, realizing I was still naked. I got off the bed and grabbed a robe so I could shower.

  "I snuck out this morning before Laken woke up. I didnt think it would have been to cool with him to find his boss in his little sisters bed." He chuckled and I nodded.

   "I guess that would have made sense." 

  "Yeah, I would have stayed."

   "I understand." I sighed and headed into the bathroom. "What are you up to today?" 

  "I am getting some paperwork done for the office, and then my girlfriend is coming over." He said and I grinned. "What are you doing today?"

   "Well its a sunday so I think I am going to shower and then go to my Boyfriends." 

  "Great, I'll see you in thirty. Seth will be waiting outside." 

   "Okay, I'll see you then." I said and hung up the phone before he could say anything else. I dropped my robe and jumped into the towel. 

    ~~

  "Thank you Seth!" I shouted as I got out of the car. he waved back in response and rolled up the window. He waited until I was inside the building to drive way, sweet guy. 

   I got off the elevator and walked inside the flat. "Wow make yourself at home much." Grey teased walking towards me.

   "Oh shut up." I grinned and set my bags down. He pulled me into him and cupped my face kissing me. "it sucked seeing you were gone this morning by the way." I said and he sighed.

   "I know, but that is a conversation I want to avoid with Laken." I nodded, I understood why he did it, it just sucked. "You should stay here with me tonight."

   "I have to go look for a job tomorrow."

   "Why? Come back and work for me?" He suggested and I shook my head.

   "it didnt work the first time it wont work the second time. People will talk." I said as we walked over towards the terrace.

   "let them talk, they dont matter Mari."

   "They do to me." 

   "Why?"

   "Because I dont want everyone thinking I got to where I am because of you. One day I am going to get somewhere and I dont want people saying 'well she only got there because she has a rich boyfriend'" I mocked.

   "Fuck them." Grey grinned and I rolled my eyes.

   "What are we doing today?" I asked and he shrugged. 

   "What do you want to do?" 

   "I dont care, lets go out and do something though, ooo we could do a double date with Jarak and Delta." I suggested. I watched his face morph as he contemplated this.

   "Okay, on one condition, you stay with me tonight."  He said and I laughed.

  "You asked what I wanted to do." i argued and he shrugged.

   "I was really hoping you'd say lets stay in." He grinned as I laughed.

  "Okay, but just tonight, tomorrow I have to go job hunting." I said and he groaned and nodded.