Chapter 41

I was standing in front of Greys Mother's house, by myself. Where was Grey might you ask? He was late, we agreed to meet here and he was late and he wasn't answering my calls and I didnt know what to do and I was already here so I am standing in front of his mothers house, waiting.

   There was another car in the driveway that I didn't recognize but I didn't deem it important. I was about to knock when the door opened up and Sarafine was standing in the doorway, grinning at me. "Amara!" She beamed. "How are you, come in come in. Where is Grey?" She loaded me with questions.

   "Um, I-" I was cut off by her grabbing my arm and leading me into the house. She led me around the corner into the living room and I almost turned around and headed right back out. Grey's Aunt Sadie was sitting in the arm chair, poised and tall with a frown that seemed to be stuck to her face. 

   "Hello Amara." She said maturely, looking at me up and down, examining me. 

  "Sadie." I greeted and took a seat as far away from her as possible as Sarafine sat down on the Couch facing us.

   "How are you dear? How is Grey, is he coming?" She asked and i nodded. I guess he didn't call.

   "He is just running late, he will be here." I promised, he better be here, i wasn't equipped to tell Sarafine I was pregnant with Sadie sitting in the same room as me. 

   "You have news?" She said raising her eyebrows, like she was expecting it. 

   "Well I think It is best that I wait for Grey to tell you. How are you?" I asked, uncomfortable, Sadie was glaring at me, I could feel her eyes burning holes in the side of my head.

   "Im wonderful, Sadie just stopped by to chat when we saw your car pull up." She grinned, she loved company, it made me feel back because we barley see her, I have been monopolizing her son. 

   "Im sorry, did I interrupt?" I asked and she shook her head.

   "Of course not. We were just talking about Grey." 

  "He hasnt come around much since he began dating you." Sadie said coldly. I shot her a glare and she rolled her eyes, turning away from me. "Who was that girl he dated when he was nineteen?" She asked leaning in towards Sarafine.

   "Oh  shush now, we arent going to talk about his Ex's while Mari is here." Sarafine said, brushing it off.

   "Rae, that was her name, she was a find young girl. Good family, very good breeding that one." Sadie said and Sarafine Glared at her.

   "Sadie, enough now." Her tone gave off a firm warning to Sadie, who looked away.  "Anyways, you had news?" She asked turning back towards me.

   "Oh yes, Grey should be here any min-" I stopped when I saw his car pull up. "He is here." I said smiling in relief, thank god. I loved Grey's mother, she was so sweet, I couldn't stand his aunt, she drove me nuts.

   "I'll get the door." Sadies mood changed quickly to a happier one as she got to her feet and raced to the door. "Greyson!" She cheered and hugged him.

   "Aunt Sadie." Grey said curtly, hugging her back quickly. "Is Mari here?" He asked and she nodded.

   "Right in here, talking to your mother." They appeared in the entrance of the doorway and Grey smiled when he saw me. He came and took a seat next to me, grabbing my hand immediately. 

   "Hello mom." Grey gave a warm smile as she got up and kissed his cheek.

   "Greyson, I've missed you. How are you dear?" She asked and he nodded.