Chapter 55

I was sitting in a small cafe in the heart of Chicago. There were people all around me but none of them I knew. There was a little huge mug sitting in front of me with tea in it, like I used to make with Laken.

A girl walked up to me and smiled with a notepad in her hand. She was beautiful, blonde hair cut into a slanted bob right at her shoulders and bright brown eyes that shine when the light hit them. She had on a small sundress that was a light blue and was smiling.

"Hi my name is Dite, I will be taking care of you today." She said with a smile. "Would you like anything to eat?"

I gave her a soft smile, noticing her name. "That's a nice name. I was thinking of naming my daughter Aphrodite and calling her Dite." (Die-T) I responded as she grinned.

"Mom what are you talking about? You did name me Aphrodite." My face twisted into a frown. The girl in front of me was about sixteen, my daughter wasn't even born yet, this wasn't possible.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked confused as she stopped smiling and narrows her eyes, giving me a worried look that I had seen on Grey'a face countless times.

"Mom are you okay?"

"I'm not your mom, I'm not old enough." I responded as she giggled.

"Of course you are mom, your almost 36." None of this made sense.

"Where's your dad?" If this was my daughter than Grey should be somewhere, why isn't he with me? Her face fell and she looked to her feet.

"Mom, dad died a few years, remember?" She said looking hurt. "He tried saving me from Michael, remember?"

"No sweetie, that's not possible." Grey would never leave me.

Everything changed suddenly. There was a really bright light shining in the corner of the room, like it was swallowing the room. "Mom." Dite said and turned to me. "I have to go, it's time."

"What? No you just got here, I have to many questions."

"Mom it's time, you need to wake up now." She said in almost a whisper before turning and beginning to walk away. I got out of my chair and chased after her.

"No, no wait for me!!" I yelled as I chased her through the light.

I stepped out onto a field of green grass. Grey was standing in the middle next to a blanket that was unfolded onto the lawn of a house I didn't recognize.

He looked up and smiled at me. "Where have you been?" He asked still smiling. "We've been waiting for you."

"Waiting for what?" I asked and heard a small giggle. I turned around to see a little girl with blonde pigtails and a diaper running around. She looked badly one and she had just learned to walk because she was stumbling.

"Mamma." She giggled and walked over towards me. I grinned as I picked her up.

"Dite." I smiled as Grey wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Our own little family." He whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spin. It was perfect, everything was perfect.

"I love you Grey." I said as I turned around towards him.

His face twisted into a scowl, almost of disgust. "That doesn't matter anymore Amara." He snarled and I took a step back, confused.

"What? Grey our baby-" he cut me off.

"You lost the baby Amara. You lost everything. Why would I want you now?" Suddenly Dite was no longer in my arms, she wasn't anywhere, she was gone.