Chapter 25

I woke to the movement of Grey getting out of bed the next morning. Memories of last night flashed through my head. I grinned as I rolled over and opened my eyes. "Good morning Beautiful." Grey grinned leaning down and kissing my forehead.

   "Good morning."

  "Keep this up, and I'm going to have to have you move in with me." 

   "moving a little fast are we Grey."  I said and sat up. I stretched my arms out and then got to my feet and began making the bed as Grey went to shower. I pulled my shirt on over my head and grabbed my pants. I had to go home today. I figured I would have Grey drop me off before he goes into the office so I can get started on my day.

   "Hey babe!" I shouted.

  "Yea?"

  "Can you drop me off at home before work?"

  "Sure." I nodded before grabbing my shoes and then laying back on the bed until Grey was done getting ready. 

~~

    I walked into the house right as Laken was getting to get off the couch and leave. "Hey." I said and sat down next to him.

   "Hey Mari, I'm Beginning to miss our breakfast rituals." He smiled. I smiled back and nodded flipping on the TV.

  "I need a job." I groaned and he just laughed.

   "Go look around town, be a waitress." 

   "Could you imagine, me being a waitress, I would drop literally everything it would be terrible." I giggled and shook my head. "I think Im going to go downtown and look at other businesses, Grey can give me a recommendation from a strictly professional standpoint." I pointed out as he shrugged. "So what did Beverly say?" I asked and he just grinned, adjusting his tie.

   "Shes going to be moving her stuff in today while Im at work." I Grinned, letting him know I approved, it was important that he knew I was all for it. "Okay well I have to get to work today, so be safe today." I just nodded as he opened the door to leave but then stopped. "Oh, and, if Grey is going to stay the night here, make sure you guys use protection." My mouth dropped open.

   "Oh my god Laken!" I screeched as he laughed and closed the door behind him. He better not have heard us, that would be the most awkward thing ever. 

   I sat and watched Tv for a minute, avoiding any channels that would remotely have my face on them. But after about an hour I had gotten bored and gotten to my feet to shower and get ready for the day and go put in job applications. Maybe I could visit Grey at work today.

   I could see Cecilia, that's a plus. 

   I got ready and looked at myself in the mirror one last time before nodding and heading out the door. 

    ~~

    My cell phone began ringing as I headed into the building. "Hello?" I answered, not bothering to look at Caller I.D

     "M-Mari, you answered." I stopped in my tracks and sighed. Michael.

   "Why are you calling me?" I asked, my voice turning cold. "Michael, you know that we broke up years ago right, this isnt normal."

   "I- I know." He sighed. "I just, can we talk. I have been thinking-" I cut him off.

  "No Michael we can't talk you are screwing up my life. I'm dating Grey, not you, and we arent friends. Leave me alone, and if you call again I am blocking this number." I snapped and hung up the cell phone.