Chapter 58

I was sitting in the middle of the living room with a bowl of take out Chinese in my hand and Grey sitting right behind me. The TV was on but we weren't really watching it, Delta nd Dylan were sitting on the couch with take out containers in their hands and Delta was curled up into Jarak who was actually trying to pay attention to the TV.

"Dakota has been asking about you." Delta piped up in the middle of our conversation about school.

"Yeah? What does she want?" I raised an eyebrow. I mean we were friends but we weren't nearly as close as the twins and I were.

"She's worried, wants to come see you and make sure your okay, she cant believe what happened." Dylan shrugged, putting a spoonful of rice in her mouth, she was very anti-chopsticks.

"She can come over soon, I just wanted a night with just us for now." I responded. They all nodded in agreement.

    We continued watching tv for a few minutes before I got to my feet. I walked into Grey's bedroom and grabbed the comforter off the bed, dragging it with me. "Lets go for a drive?" I asked looking at the girls.

   Grey raised an eyebrow giving me a questioning look. "Do you want us to come?" He asked and got to his knees like he was going to get to feet. I shook my head quickly motioning for him to sit back down.

  "Just Delta and Dylan. We won't be gone long I promise." I offered a smile as Grey sighed and nodded, accepting that I was going to get what I wanted. Delta and Dylan stood up and they grabbed the car keys and I nodded.

  "Let's go babe." Dylan said as we walked out the door.

   I got into the front seat of the car while Dylan drove. I kept the blanket wrapped around me close as she drove in silence. "Where to my love?" She asked.

   "Edge of town, by the lake." I directed as she drove.

~~

   We were sitting on the sand on a small beach that no one else was at since it was so late. We were still to close to the city to see the stars but I liked to image them. "I miss the stars, when I was little mom and dad used to take me out in the country with Laken and we would stay in a cabin and just look at the stars come nightfall. It was always my favorite thing during summer." I finally spoke after sitting quietly for ten minutes.

    "Do you wanna go out further to see the stars?" Delta asked and I shook my head. I was sitting in the middle of them, curled up in my blanket that I would have to wash when I got home.

    "No this is fine. I just miss them."

    "Mari, are you okay? Or are you just putting up a front for us?" Dylan chimed I'm finally asking the question I knew they were holding in.

   I sighed, and gave them a small nod, "I can't say that I'm fine, but I'm getting better, I am learning to move on and that's all I can do for now." They looked at me for a second and just nodded, understanding my not wanting to talk.

"Do you think you and Grey are going to work out now?" Dylan asked, always bold to ask the questions no one else dared to ask. I let out a small laugh and nodded, not taking offense to it.

"Yeah, yeah I think we will. I am going to marry him one day, I know it." I offered a small smile.

We sat there, for what seemed like forever. I don't remember falling asleep, but I must have because I cant remember what else we talked about for the rest of the night my memory just skipped to the next morning.

~~

I rolled over in my bed, my arm draping over Grey's body. "Good morning." Grey numbed through his closed lips so it came out more of a hum. I smiled and sat up straight. How did I get so lucky? Why did I end up with the guy, someone as normal and as basic as me, how did I land someone as amazing as Grey?

"Good morning my love." I whispered back smiling. He rolled over slightly as I adjusted my body so I was resting on my elbow, looking at him.

"What time is it?"

"Early, to early for us to worry about anything." I assured as he groaned and rolled over. I didn't expect him to wake up yet, I didn't want him to I wanted to watch him sleep for a bit longer. "Go back to bed, it's to early love." I murmured as he nodded lightly and reached out, pulling me into his arms.

     "Your cold." He mumbles as I realized just how cold my body actually was since he touched me. I pulled the blanket over my body and nestles my face into it as he pulled me into him and wrapped his arm around my waist.

      This is where I wanted to be, for the rest of my life I was sure of that. It was over, everything was over, we were going to be okay from now on, Michael was gone and that was it.

    I could worry about school, I could move on, I could heal.

__________
This chapter is not good and it drags and I'm sorry because it's a filler. I have been toying with ideas for the next book and I finally know what I'm doing so stay tuned. The next chapter is the final chapter and it's more or less a sneak peak into the next book!