Chapter 49

The next morning I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains. My entire body hurt, I could feel the aching all the way down to my toes.

   I rolled over and noticed that Grey was gone, probably off to the office already, he must have assumed that I wasn't going to classes today because my alarm had been turned off and it was nine am.

    Guessing it was probably time I got out of bed, I got out of bed and grabbed the blanket, wrapping it around me and heading towards the living room.

    I walked into the main room to see Grey Standing by the stove, making pancakes. It was weird seeing him still in pajamas, standing over the stove. I leaned against the door, memories of last night flooding my mind. We would have to make plans today, how to handle that, including the press.

"Good morning." I mumbled, as I walked over to him. He turned to me and smiled.

"Good morning beautiful, how did you sleep?"

"Surprisingly well, yourself?"

  "Fine, I have been thinking. Amara maybe we should move." He suggested and I shook my head. "Mari this place isn't safe right now, we need to think of the baby-"

  "No we need to think of Michael. He isn't going to stop because we move, word of this is going to get out. I say we just leave everything to the authorities to figure out. They will catch him."

   "I don't have a lot of faith in the police Amara, just let's think about it. I mean we are starting a family." He said as I took a seat on a chair next to the table.

   "I don't want to change everything about our lives because of this. I can't stop going to school? That's a public place, you can't stop him from showing up there. He will try again, and when word gets out that I'm pregnant-" I stopped talking as tears rushed to my eyes. This wasn't going to end well. "He is going to hurt the baby Grey."

   "Then what do you suggest we do? You don't wanna move, I can't force you out of school." Grey didn't deserve all this. Most girls don't have this much baggage, and yet he chose me for some reason, he is still with me.

   "I don't know, all of this is to complicated, I don't want to drop out of school, and I don't want to move. It-" I said and stopped, sighing, I pressed my lips together. "I'll figure it out. I'll go away for awhile just until he is caught or something."

  "No" Grey shot the idea down.

  "Grey-" I said and stood up but he was shaking his head, crossing his arms.

  "No Mari, your not leaving."

   "Grey, I'm not worth this!" I argued, wrapping the blanket around me tighter. I could feel the tears running down my cheeks, I hated crying in front of people.

  "That's not a decision you get to make." He argues back.

   "I don't wanna- I'm going-" I turned to go back to the bedroom.

    "Mari stop you don't get to walk away from this argument, Mari-" Grey said following me. I didn't want to put his life in danger, this wasn't about him.

  "Grey this has nothing to do with you."

   "Well I'm the one who got you pregnant so yes this is about me." So it was just about the baby, all of this was just about the baby.

  I dropped the blanket and walked towards the closet. "Amara stop!" Grey shouted as I turned to close the door but he stopped me, putting his foot in front of it.

  "Grey why can't you let me go? This has nothing to do with you, he is after me. He is pissed at me, if he is going to hurt someone, it's going to be me." Grey didn't let me argue, he pushed the door open and walked into the closet.

   "This has been about me since the minute I met you. I'm not letting some psychotic ex boyfriend push you away from me. Amara I'm in this for good, not because of the baby, not because of him but because of you. Because I love you."

   "Why? I can handle this I have been for years."

  "He's never attacked you before."

  "Well no." He let out a small chuckle.

  "Amara, let me take care of you."  His voice was almost a whisper. I could hear the pain in his voice as he spoke. It broke my heart.

  "What are we supposed to do Grey?" My voice broke, the tears spilled over and ran down my cheeks. Grey wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in.

  "I have a cabin, we can go there for the weekend. Take Seth with us we will get more security,  we will take care of it." He assured me. I hated that all this was happening, and that it was going to happen again.

   We broke apart as Grey's cell began ringing. "The pancakes are probably burning." I said as he laughed, breaking the mood and turning away, pulling me toward the kitchen with him.

   Grey answered his phone and began talking as intended to the food. We totally charred one of the pancakes but we still had more batter.

    Grey walked into the other room to continue talking as I finished the pancakes.

  "Good news," Grey said walking into the room. "They caught him, they want to have you go in to confirm he is the one who attacked you. I told them I would talk to you."

   "Okay, when do they want us in?" I asked and he shrugged.

   "Anytime before three." He set his phone back down on the table and I handed him a plate. "So I say, we eat breakfast and then get ready and go down there, if that's okay with you?" He asked and I nodded.

    "Yeah, the sooner the better." I wanted to get all of this over with and behind us. I couldn't help but feel like this wasn't over, like something bigger was coming, but they had caught him. Maybe I was just being paranoid. 

Grey gave me a smile before heading to the table to sit and eat. 

_______________________________

    This is just a filler, sorry.