Chapter 31

"I probably need to go home tonight." I said, laying in Grey's bed. It was about to get dark and I had classes tomorrow and Grey had work.

"Why?" Grey asked, changing into pajamas. "My place is closer to campus and I prefer if you are with me." He winked as I grinned.

"It's been forever since I spoke to Laken, I miss him and I need to grab new clothes I've been wearing the same ones forever." A grin spread across Greys face hearing the idea of me moving clothes over.

"Or, you could just move it all over." I fell back on the bed and spread my arms out.

"Or," I laughed. "I could go home, where Laken is and Beverly and, the rest of my stuff." I rambled on, I still had yet to actually decide. Beverly moved in pretty quickly after the whole dating my brother thing and it seemed to be going pretty well. I was a grown adult I was capable of making these decision.

Grey kissed my neck, completely distracting me. My mind wandered, as I tried to bring myself back. "Amara, just move in with me." He pushed on.

"Grey, I can't. I need to talk to Laken about it, which is why, I probably need to go home tonight."

"Probably isn't a definite yes."

"Why don't you stay with me at mine tonight?" I asked and Grey laughed, sitting up. Letting me go.

"Ah yes, let's sleep together in your bedroom which is right next to your brothers who I control in the work world, probably not the best idea babe, we have my place I don't want to bug your brother or make things awkward." What he was saying made sense, but it didn't make this any easier.

"Grey I have to go home tonight, I'll stay here tomorrow, and the next day." I promised, standing up.

"And the day after that and the day after that." He grinned getting on his knees at the end of the bed and grabbing a hold of my shirt lightly pulling me back.

"Baby, I have class."

"And I have work." He said, pushing my hair out of the way of my neck and running kisses down my neck again.

I let out a soft moan, not being able to control myself. His fingers toyed with the end of my shirt and began to lift it up. I was about to lift my arms up and let myself go when I forcibly dragged myself into my senses.

"No, no." I said firmly and taking a step back. Grey pouted as I pulled my hair back. "We can't tonight Grey. I need to go home, can you take me home?" I asked. I didn't want to make this into an argument but I didn't want to be forced into everything.

"Are you saying no? No sex?" Grey asked, sounding a little stunned. I nodded and took another step back.

"Not tonight, I need to go home. I need to talk to Laken." I planted my feet firmly, standing my ground, I was expecting a storm, a fit of rage but he just pressed his lips together and nodded.

"Okay. I will take you home." He didn't seem mad at all. He stood up and fixed his shirt. I nodded and followed him out of the room.

Ryan would have been pissed, Michael would have forced me to, it wouldn't have been an option. This was new territory for me, it was weird. "Really? That's okay?" I asked sounding a little shocked. He just nodded and took my hand in his stopping before the door.

"I don't want to force myself into your life Amara. I know how you feel about me you know how I feel about you. I understand your reluctance. And it's okay." He said. He was smiling but it didn't reach his eyes, it was more of a reassurance smile.

"I love you so much." I grinned.

"I love you to Mari." He chuckles, kissing my lightly. "Let's go, I have a date tomorrow I want to get some sleep for." He joked, I laughed and followed him out the door.

~~

    "Laken I'm home!" I shouted as I got inside. I closed the door behind me and locked it for safety. "Laken!" I shouted again, not getting an answer. His car was here he should be here.

    I headed up the stairs, trailing my hand up the wall as I walked. I heard the door to his bedroom open and Laken appeared at the top of the stairs putting a shirt on. "Okay, ew." I let out a small laugh.

    "I wasn't expecting you home." He smiled. "You've been absent for a week for two I kind of figured you moved in." I could tell he was teasing. Oh if only he knew how serious it was.

  "I wanted to talk to you before bed." I said and went into my bedroom. I knew Beverly was probably still getting dressed so I decided my room would be best.

   "Don't tell me you two are getting married." Laken said seriously, I smiled and shook my head.

  "No, nothing like that." I said and patted my bed so he would sit next to me. He sat down and looked at me, nervous. "Grey, wants me to move in with him."

    I watched his face twist for a second, and then he nodded. "Okay, and you want to do it?" I shrugged, playing with my fingers.

   "I love him Lake, I know he is your boss, but you have Beverly now and this frees up the house now for you guys, and" Laken held his hand up and cut me off.

   "Mari, you don't have to explain it to me. I understand why you would want to, your an adult. Beverly moved in here with us and you were okay with it. I just want you to be sure, think things through first before you give him an answer." He said and I nodded. He made sense, but I had thought this through and I wanted to move in with Grey.

    I didn't imagine us breaking up, he was my forever.

   "Thank you Lake. I am staying here tonight though. I need to get some sleep, I have classes tomorrow." I got to my feet and headed towards my closet so I could change and pick some stuff.

   "Okay than I will let you sleep. Goodnight Mari." He smiled before shutting my door behind him. I changed clothes and climbed into bed, pulling the covers up over my head and falling asleep.

_____________________