(IV)

😇

Her eyes watched the judges in front of her.

I felt her sentiments.

It was Jungkook that probably felt that even more. His eyes on the group dancing.

I rubbed my temple. They weren't lacking in skills. It was their choice in song and dance that bothered me.

The song was slow, a sultry sticky song. It was a sex song. I don't know why they would choose that though.

Looking at their profile, most of the girls were younger than 17. One of them was 13.

I had a throbbing headache as I stared at the table. Jo looked as if she felt bad that this had come out.

I could not comprehend why they would choose a dance that didn't shot them. This was supposed to be casing their talents, decide on their image and seee what they could do.

They didn't know the meaning of sexy. They were barely pubescent. Their outfits were short and tight but that didn't mean anything.

I felt like a pedophile and it felt disgusting.

"Jo..." I asked slowly.

"Yes." She held her breath as she answered her eyes on the girls. They had really tried hard and that had been painful too.

"Did I ever suggest that our company wanted or needed something like this? Pushing young girls...to be s-sexualized?" My teeth gritted against each other, my anger rising.

"No...Director." Jo used my title as she could feel my state of anger. She was probably upset too.

"Then—why?" I stopped as Jungkook rested his hand against my thigh and I calmed down slowly, but my frown couldn't be hidden.

"Hyung..." Jungkook calmed me down.

I was upset.

This...this was wrong.

This was the third group. We had two more left. Now, I wasn't even in the mood...

"Girls..." Jungkook met each girl's eyes and he could see their disappointment.

He knew that they had worked hard, for hours, days even weeks to perfect each steps until they had been like breathing.

He knew what it mean to be that desperate wanting, wishing for something front he bottom of his heard.

"Why did you choose this particular song?" He asked. "You had so many and so many areas you could have chosen...cute, bright, serious, powerful."

"We just wanted to try something, something eyes catching. Something powerful but slow."

"Oh..." Jungkook raised an eyebrow. The oldest girl was powerful indeed and she was a true leader. But she was still young and so her decision in the song wad misled. "This song isn't really powerful, it's...sexy, overtly so and it makes you look cheap."

The girls gasped as Jo clicked her tongue and gave Jungkook a look but he continued, his eyes very dark and serious.

"You don't have to do that. You should do something that matches you. That is suited for you, that's the purpose of the assessment. How are we supposed to help you if we don't know what is you...?"

The girls had their eyes down on the floor.

Except one.

"We're moving on to the individual dances. Girls, please—I hope your individual dance choices are something that will showcase your talents."

I watched as the girl met my eyes and I was shaken away. Her determination and her hidden shaded eyes were fascinating.

She seemed to understand all.

Her code...Angel.

"Eden, you're the oldest. You need to look out for these girls." Jo spoke. "Will you be dancing first?"

"Yes, mam." She nodded and the assessment went on.