(IX)

Like a string had pulled me, I had dragged myself past the doors and into the hallways of the empty and dim building. Only a few was here and almost all of them were in the first three floors.

My feet made soft sounds as I walked, the silence of my surrounding calming me.

It dragged me continuously until my feet had took me to one of the smaller, individual practice rooms. My eyes noticed the lights and the barely opened door that allowed light to seep our from the room.

Who could it be?

I peeked in, my eyes looking in the room.

I gasped as I saw her.

Angel...

😇

Angel was huffing and puffing.

She was dancing. Hard.

Her movements forceful and powerful.

I watched mesmerized as she danced. I kept watching unable to tear my eyes away from her.

It was only when she abruptly stopped and turned to me and pulled the door opened that I knew that I was outed.

Angel's demeanor seemed to change as her eyes took in my shocked face. Did I have such a funny face that she bit her inner lips as she gently held onto the door knob?

"I...I..." I stuttered as my words struggled to flow out. I had not meant to interrupter practice. "I'm sorry, I didn't meant to peek in...I just...I wasn't aware anyone was at the company still."

"Oh, it's just me." Her voice soft as she had this innocent look.

"You're here really late." It was as if she was complimenting me but it was she who deserved it. She was really hard working. I knew from before, heard about her practicing late into the night.

"I couldn't sleep and...", Angel paused. "I thought you went home?"

"I-I did...then I came back." It felt lame, having no where else to go that you come to work.

"Oh? Work that can't wait?" Her voice was really soft, gentle and sweet. There was this comfort around her that was soothing.

😇

"You look even more stressed." Angel softly spoke as we sat next to each other against the mirror. How long has it been since I had even been in a practice room like this?

"Ha..." I choked out as I had nothing to say. I was stressed. I was not going to lie, because it would not be believable. "You noticecd? That's bad, having your artist worry about you..."

Angel did not seem to be pleased at how lightly I was treading this. She had a slight frown as her eyes looked at me gently and full of worry. I pulled away from her eyes, because falling too deep was scary.

"I guess I am. I can't sleep. I can't eat." I said quietly. I had never been so front about my problems with anyone. Our group knew, but that's because they were busybodies and they cared. I couldn't even talk about this with Mora...

"That's not all though..."

I stayed quiet as I listened to her. How did she know so much about me?

"No, that's not all. I've had a fight with Mora—again." I admitted to her, bitter at the reason for the fight.

"That woman...your fiancée." Angel looked a bit grim. "Anyway, what was the fight about?"

"I don't know," I responded honestly to her. I didn't even know what it was about. "I wish I knew."

Why did she not want to marry me?

Why did she not want children?

We were not old, but we weren't young either?

We've talked about it, discussed it before...but what had changed?

When had it become hopeless?

"You're in a turn toxic relationship." It seemed so easy when someone else said it. "This is unhealthy for you, sir. I don't like seeing you like this. I don't like her. Not telling conversing with you."

"What?" I hadn't really said anything much. How had she known? She was better than the therapists that got paid.

"It's obvious. You're stressed from work and everything else," she sighed shaking her head lightly. "And you can't share anything with her right? I know I'm right. And being unable to talk to her, and tell her your feelings, it stresses you out even more."

"Perhaps..."

"Perhaps? Hoseok, please..."

It didn't bother me nor faze me at all to have her say my name. It was welcoming, no one barely said my name.

"She doesn't want children—with...me." I blurted it out. It had come out before it had even a chance to be rethought.

I must say though, the thought itself was painful.

Angel looked at me with gentleness. There was surprise in her eyes, but there was gentleness.

"Do you want children?" She softly asked.

I wondered why she asked, but I couldn't help but respond to anything she asked. "Yes, goodness, yes."

"How many?" She asked.

I could not help the small grin that came from the thought. "As many as we can..."

"Big family?" I nodded, she smiled as she sighed. "That sounds nice, a big family. I'm an only child so I've always wanted siblings."

And she kept talking. Telling me about herself, she also asked me about myself, continuously, letting it become a rhythm, a peaceful talk between us that have each other peace.

A peace both of us needed.

😇

We're getting there. Be a little more patience my Boos!