(XV)

This chapter is slightly sensitive. I skipped out a lot though...

😇

Angel's birthday...

I had no choice...my mind and consciousness would not allow me to just ignore the fact that I knew it was her birthday.

We had talked about it before and my mind usually was forgetful, but...I remembered it. I clearly remembered it.

Now...I was holding the green-blue box with a black bow.

I don't know what I was doing. I had never gotten anyone such well-thought out, and calculated gift, usually I always gave them what they needed for suited them. I always put my thoughts into them, but never...never like this.

I had never thought my heart would be rambling, in pain, doing continuous somersaults as I dared that she would be in love with the gift.

And then there was the fact that this...wouldn't this be...I don't know—over-imposing?

Nineteenth...nineteenth birthday; She was so young, full of future.

I felt out of place. I could not go inside the room to congratulate her. I know that the group had decided on a celebration with all the gorup and also their fans. The tickets to the celebration had been completely sold out within a few minutes but I had not needed tickets, not when I was the boss.

I guess it was more reason for me to not go in.

I left, just leaving, opting to give it to her later.

But for some reason, my feet would not allow me to just leave. I loitered, which was bad to do, but I did and just waited outside the room.

I wanted to give this to her personally, but I did not want to be seeming to play favorites. I had never personally, with my own hands, given gifts to any artist or talent. Jungkook and Jimin did not count...of course.

That's when she came out, when I was troubled between leaving or staying, my hearts troubled as usual.

I stammered as I did not know what to do.

She watched me quietly, her slight frown indicating her anger toward me for last time. I did not blame her.

"I...I....I-I..."

"Is that for me?"

"Uh...", I looked at my hands to see the box and I almost dropped it. I tried to be cool, stay chill, but I couldn't. "Yes...here."

"Thank you."

"Happy birthday, Angel."

"Thank you." She looked at the gift, eyeing us softly, but carefully. Angel played with the black ribbon before one of the male fan came out, jolting the both of us out of our zone. "Oh...I should be going...I need to use the ladies room."

"Oh, yes...I just wanted to wish you happy birthday. You're almost all grown up!" I tried to be light, it had not worked. It had failed horribly.

"I'm already grown up." Angel mumbled as she sighed, going past me. "I'm ready, it's you who isn't...Director."

I couldn't turn around, nor take my eyes away from her meaningful eyes. I just closed my eyes as I brought my phone out. I allowed her to go to the restroom, and well I had done what I needed to give the gift to my Angel. It was done.

I guess I should have just gone away.

I should have...but it had been good to not have gone.

😇

He was following her. The look in his eyes was alarming. I watched carefully making sure to not be obvious.

My eyes became wide as he went into the women's bathroom. This was red sign.

Rushing I ran as my blood went cold, and the air went frigid as I heard her scream enter my ears...

I could not help my fist moving first instead of my head.

One punch...I sucker-punched the lights out of the criminal as he crashed into the sink.

Whatever the consequences of that event came later. At that moment, all I could think was that i wanted to pummel his face in.

Damn, it had felt good.

The feeling of his hard face meeting my knuckles, the pain, the crunch of bone against bone was chilling, but the sheer pleasure that was ripped from me was undeniable. The satisfaction of seeing the asshole bleeding was not enough

It was stopped though when I felt arms, trembling and scared, holding me.

Angel...

"Please..."

I turned around and as her tears fell through closed eyes, I could feel muscles weaken and I picke dher up before she could fall.

"Disgusting," I spat at the male in the female bathroom.

I did not stay long though.

Coming out of the restroom, I was met with the leader of Cloud9. She gasped as she saw my bleeding knuckles and an unconscious Angel.

"Don't. I'm taking Angel away." She nodded rather shocked but listened and did not enter the bathroom. "Will you also call the manager and have the authorities to deal with the inside? Perhaps an ambulance...I want him awake when we send him to jail."

"Yes sir," she nodded. She must have also been nervous and had come out when Angel did not come out.

I watched as she rushed back inside the main hall where the party was to notify the managers. They will deal with this.

Sighing, I took her away, her tears still flowing gently down her cheeks and through my shirt. She whimpered as she called out my name and I could not help but be pained.

My anger overflowed.

The audacity that lowlife has in attempting to...

I pushed the thought away, it was best to focus on her safety. Angel being safe was all that mattered.

😇

Hoseok is your knight in shining armor!