(XVI)

I watched her sleep, just resting.

Angel must have been extremely shocked. And scared. The bastard...

I sighed as I watched her chest rise up and down. I had replaced the jacket with the comforter that I kept at the office. 

Hearing a ding from my phone I turned it to silent mode. I did check the message and saw that the bastard had been apprehended and was being questioned by the police after being looked after by the ambulance.

"I'll deal with it later," I mumbled under my breath as I heard Angel waking up.

"Where?" Her voice was groggy as she leaned the roughness away.

"You're in my office. I didn't know where to take you so I brought you here."

"Oh," she swallowed, she still looked so frightened. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For saving me," Angel had large eyes, bright and wide.

"It was my duty...to," I softly whispered as an awkwardness overcame us.

It had been the first time we saw each other since the...last time we had been in this same room.

I cleared my throat.

"I love you."

My heart soared, as if she had given me the wings to fly into the clouds, past the atmosphere to see the lands below us.

Her hands on my body, I could feel it evenly, the sensations traveling throughout my body, past the clothes.

Nothing hindered her from me. No matter how much I tried, nothing seemed to matter, so futile against her, an angel, a heavenly being that had total control over me.

I swallowed. I wondered if she could hear the nervousness in my throat, the tremble in my body as I was enraptured by her soul.

I stared at those lips, so soft, and so open. They were welcoming and they beckoned me to her.

It was natural. Our lips touched, softly at first, barely meeting. It was as seconds passed that it became a fight for more—passionate and dangerous.

Her throat gave me the sweetest humming as my mouth covered her own.

Then I froze as my head realized something.

A single thought that entered my head as I came to a revelation that had been so clear to everyone, including myself, but I had cast it aside, hidden it from myself.

The elation came to calm itself as my fingers released the hair that it had held.

Hoseok," she called out and all I could think about was the other woman...

Because she didn't matter anymore, in Angel's arms, all I felt was her.

The woman I thought about in my dreams, was not Mora. The woman I wished to bear my children was not Mora. The only one to bring satisfaction to my lonely nights and days was not Mora.

It was all Angel.

My eyes widened as her eyes watched me with a dewiness that made me weak all over.

"I love you," it had escaped my tongue without permission.

Without permission, it had slipped and exposed me to a vulnerability that had surpassed my obsession with Mora.

She gasped. Then it was a blur as our lips met, with a fervor that passed any touch met before.

Rush of hands moving led me to hover over her, but before she could get to the belt, I stopped her.

This was wrong.

This was so wrong.

I was so much older than her...I shouldn't do this.

"Why..?"

"Angel we need to stop," I whispered as I held her cheeks, lifting myself off of her as I kissed her lips.

"You love me..."

"I do," I told her. "But you are young, and I'm not. You should...look for someone closer to your age...someone who can stand next to you.

"I don't want anyone else." She shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Angel...it's sinful for me to want you like this. So young, so delectable...I'm so sorry...for loving you." One last kiss, one last kiss that was all I would take. Then I pulled away, leaving her in the office.

I needed to keep my distance. It was better this way, safer for the both of us.

😇

Why do I do this? Why do I make everything so angsty?