two,

Jeno doesn't need a lot.

He's really easy going and the few things which make him happy are his friends, family, and when Jaemin is by his side. Honestly, he doesn't ask for a lot, but when he asks for things (which he rarely does), it's all minimal things.

Like instead of having Jaemin host a huge and extravagant party for his eighteenth birthday, he kindly requested that the other simply make his birthday special by spending the entire day with him, watching movies while cuddling.

What more could Jeno want other than Jaemin? Nothing much, to be completely honest.

Jaemin had a knack for always putting on a show, for always boasting to anyone about how capable he is. Jeno says it's a theatre kid thing.

It's not showing off, per se, it's just Jaemin being Jaemin. It's subtle, but it's there and Jeno doesn't mind.

One of the ways he does this is by going above and beyond for each of Jeno's birthdays.

Since he was ten years old, Jeno has been experiencing the 'crème de la crème' of birthdays, as his boyfriend likes to put it.

Jaemin is capable of a lot, and Jeno learns this when there was a chocolate fountain and popular band playing in his backyard for his thirteenth birthday.

Jaemin was special and Jaemin was Jeno's boyfriend, so he couldn't say no when Jeno asked for a quiet eighteenth birthday so sweetly.

"Okay Nono," Jaemin had said softly, nodding his head to show that he was also content with the idea of spending the day alone with Jeno.

Sure Jaemin was kind of upset (honestly not really) that he couldn't show off his amazing boyfriend skills yet again for the eighth year, but it wasn't always that the two of them got to spend alone time together for the whole day.

They were both busy boys, Jeno with soccer, Jaemin with theatre, and then the both them with their studies and home lives.

Jeno thanks Jaemin one more time before he pulls the latter down next to him, falling asleep like that in a comfortable position.

Thoughts about Jeno's soccer practice and Jaemin's early rehearsal the next morning completely demolished from their thoughts.

Similar events take place when Jaemin comes over for Jeno's actual birthday. After lazing around with the most unhealthiest snacks, Jeno pulls Jaemin down to bed with him and they fall asleep.

That evening, Jeno dreams of something weird.

He sees three people standing in front of him in the form of shadows, one of which he can immediately identify as Na Jaemin's shadow.

All of the shadows are looking at him, he can't see any body features or facial features except for glowing eyes. One pair brown, one pair green, and one pair blue.

Jeno doesn't know what his dream meant, but all he knows is that he wakes up confused and not understanding.

When he wakes up, it's eleven o'clock at night, and Jaemin is shivering against him.

It's then he realizes that his window is wide open and Jaemin is only wearing his thin grey t-shirt. Jeno also smartly forgot to drap a blanket over themselves.

After placing a tender kiss on Jaemin's forehead, he uses his feet to somehow manoeuvre the pale yellow fleece blanket at the foot of his bed to their bodies, single handedly wrapping them both up cozy.

The instant Jaemin feels the warmth of the blanket on his body, his hands clutch onto the fabric subconsciously, pulling it until it was in a bunch on his chest, around his body and only his body.