fifty seven,

Humming while pushing his shopping cart, Jaemin eyes the shelves of the isle. They're stocked with pink, red and white, chocolate and candy boxes having been thrown around haphazardly. He feels a bit bad for the worker who would have to fix the mess on the shelves before closing, but doesn't dwell on it for long because he sees a box of Jeno's favourite chocolate. He picks up the box and puts it next to two other boxes; Mark and Donghyuck's favourite treats.

Deeper into the shopping cart, and there could be fuzzy socks, matching sweaters and wrapping paper seen. He doesn't really know how he's going to box and wrap all of the gifts without either Mark, Donghyuck or Jeno finding out, but maybe he could ask Taeyong or someone if he could dump all his things there for a few days.

Satisfied with the gifts he's picked out and stacked into the shopping cart, Jaemin strolls to the cashiers. He'd have to hurry after paying and hauling all of the bags to Taeyong's apartment; Valentine's Day is only three days away.

——

"How did you carry all of that up here by yourself?" Jaehyun asks, immediately taking one of the many bags hanging by Jaemin's wrists. Taeyong is quickly taking a few plastic bags form Jaemin as well, letting the youngest come into their apartment and take off his shoes. It's clear that the two elders are bewildered at the amount of things Jaemin has brought with him, but then again, they only know spending Valentine's Day with one person. Jaemin has to do everything times three. Not that he minds, because he doesn't at all. "You could've called when you were downstairs."

Jaemin shrugs, following Taeyong to where he's walking to put the bags away.

"You look set," Taeyong comments once all of the bags are stacked in a corner inside of the office room. "Excited? What do you think they got you?"

Jaemin shrugs, placing the last bag down and away.

"I am excited... I hope they like their gifts," the younger admits, smiling lightly. He took his time picking out his gifts for everyone; matching fuzzy socks of different colours, matching sweatshirts of different colours, as well little candies and chocolates he's sure each boy will enjoy.

"What about your guesses?" Taeyong asks again, leaning against the wall opposite of where Jaemin is standing.

"Hm?" The younger asks, tilting his head to the side. "Oh, we don't do gifts."

Taeyong quirks up an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure you just bought all of them gifts," Taeyong says, seeming confused. "Unless those are all for me." He adds jokingly.

"I mean..." Jaemin starts, shifting his weight from one foot to another. Having to explain himself in front of Taeyong is more embarrassing than having to explain himself to his own mindset. "We all agreed that gifts weren't a big deal in the beginning if getting together, that we could just spend time with each other or something. But I... I don't know, just wanted to get them something? It's the first... Occasion we're spending together anyways."

Jaemin seems bashful, and Taeyong really wants to tease him for it, but Jaehyun enters the room before Taeyong can get a word out.

"Don't know why, don't know how, but Jeno's here."

Jaemin pales, and Taeyong's eyes widen ten times their size.

"But he never visits!" Taeyong whisper shouts, pushing Jaemin out of the room. He closes the door behind them once he leaves, making sure Jeno wouldn't be able to take a peek in and see the gifts.

"And he isn't now," Jaehyun replies, rolling his eyes. "He said he came here only because he saw Jaemin's location on snapchat maps."

"Snapchat maps is so creepy," Taeyong groans, pushing Jaemin down the hallway and towards Jeno. The latter is standing awkwardly in the front foyer, declining Jaehyun's offer to have a seat because he was only here to promptly pick up Jaemin. "My map is only for the few people I allow."