thirty one,

"Jaemin?"

"Go away!" Comes the former's voice from inside, totally muffled. Jeno doesn't know if it was muffled because of the door between them or because Jaemin did that thing where he burritos himself in a blanket.

Either way, Jeno wants to get inside, and doesn't want to go away.

"Jaemin-ah..." Jeno calls again, a frown subconsciously forming on his lips. "Please..."

No sound comes from the other side of the door, and Jeno doesn't know if now he has to wait outside the door for Jaemin to open it, or if the younger would grant Jeno's wish and simply open the door.

About a minute goes by with no sound or and movement, and Jeno sighs, preparing himself to just sit out in the hallways and wait, but then the sound of the latch turning catches his attention. Jeno's eyes widen and his hands are quick to grab the doorknob, twisting it slowly to open the door.

"Jaemin?" He calls quietly, eyes scanning the room from left to right until it lands on, as he previously assumed, a Jaemin burrito.

Silently, Jeno makes his way over to Jaemin, slowly peeling the blanket off of him.

When there's no resistance, Jeno continues to remove the blanket off of Jaemin, just enough so that he can slip into the bed next to him.

Jeno is welcome, and he knows that because Jaemin instantly rolls over, hugging around Jeno's shoulders and keeping his face in the elder's chest.

Jeno doesn't do anything except rub a comforting hand up and down the younger's back, occasionally dropping a few kisses here and there.

A few more beats of silence pass by before Jeno decides to break out.

"Mark hyung is my boyfriend," he says quietly. He feels Jaemin tighten his hold around his shoulders and bites the insides of his cheeks.

"I-I'm happy for you," the younger's muffled and wet voice says, seeming to have zero intention to look up.

And Jeno doesn't make him.

"No you're not," Jeno says sadly, smile so heavily painted that it came out more of a grimace.

"No I'm not," Jaemin admits, choking a bit on his words. After Jaemin speaks, Jeno feels his shirt get wet, no doubt, from Jaemin's tears.

Jaemin isn't sobbing, and Jaemin isn't bawling. He's just crying and thinks he has no reason to.

Jaemin shouldn't feel sad, shouldn't feel left out, shouldn't feel the way he is. He spends time with Mark, and he's spent five years with Jeno. Doesn't matter if he shares, right? That was the whole concept of their relationship anyways.

"Wanna look at me? Look at your boyfriend, your angel?" Jeno asks, smiling and trying to lighten the mood. But he thinks he fails at that when Jaemin shakes his head. "Not handsome enough for you, Nana?"

Jeno may be funny, but he's not funny when he tries.

"S-Shut up!" Jaemin cries, throwing a leg over Jeno's waist before deciding to just lay on top of the elder. "I-I hate y-you."

"Jaemin, I love you so much," Jeno says, and the younger can hear the smile in his voice. "You're my pretty boy."

"You h-have more p-people," Jaemin stutters out. "Mark hyung and Donghyuck, w-who are they?"

Jeno hums, pretending to think about it without really thinking about it.

"Donghyuck is my stupid boy, don't tell him I said that, Mark hyung is my big baby, but you, Jaemin-ah, you're my pretty boy. My pretty baby."

Jaemin's tears have slowed done, but he hasn't said anything, and it seems like he has no intention of lifting his head up.

"You feel left out don't you?" Jeno asks, carding his fingers through Jaemin's pink hair. It's faded, now taking on a light bubblegum colour. It reminds Jeno of Jaemin's cousin, Taeyong hyung. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way."

Jaemin shakes his head, his tears now completely halted.

"I'm sorry I'm not used to sharing," the younger says stuffily, nose clogged because of how much he cried. "I should be, I hogged you for so many years."

Jeno tsks, tightening his arms around his boyfriend. His first boyfriend. Someone who shouldn't forget that Jeno loves them with his whole heart, unadulterated and completely honestly.

"No," the elder denies, smiling a bit ruefully. "Not at all. We should all talk about this, it isn't right, to feel left out."

Jaemin doesn't say anything about Jeno's words, and the latter knows that it's a silent agreement. Jaemin agreed that they should all talk about it.

"I..." The younger starts, finally initiating conversation for the first time tonight. "I need to apologize to Donghyuck. I yelled at him..."

"He told us," Jeno nods. "Donghyuck takes everything away from you?" Jaemin hears the teasing lilt in the elder's voice.

"Stop," Jaemin groans, pushing his face deeper into the comfort of Jeno's chest. Doesn't do much though, Jeno can still see the tips of his ears turn pink. "I don't know why I said that..." He adds in a mumble.

"It's okay," the elder assures. "I still love you, so much, my pretty boy." 

__________

yikes this chapter is short