sixteen,

"I can't believe we're already moving in," Jaemin sighs, taping shut his final box.

"I can't believe you graduated high school." And then Jaemin proceeds to chuck the roll of tape at Jeno's face. "Okay that was uncalled for."

"You're annoying," Jaemin spits, taking his final box in his arms to Jeno's car. "I don't know why I'm dating you."

Jeno has the audacity to frown.

"Who would you have dated if it weren't me, hm?" Jeno questions patronizingly, sticking his tongue out at Jaemin solely because he knows the younger can see him. Call him pathetic, but everyone says that was Jeno's middle name.

Jaemin puts the final box into the trunk of Jeno's car before turning to the elder and deadpanning the next few words he says.

"The hot as fuck art student from grade nine."

Whenever Jaemin mentions the art student from grade nine, Jeno feels his blood boil.

There had been a point in Jeno's life where he was particularity possessive over Jaemin and it didn't help that that was also the exact time a new student who was obsessed with painting showed up. Also didn't help that he was hot as fuck.

"I would've killed you," Jeno flat out says, growling before making his way to the driver's seat.

"Chill," Jaemin scoffs. "I don't even remember his name."

Jeno sneers.

"Good."

The drive to Seoul university was only about twenty five minutes from Jaemin's house, but the two boys, unlike are usual, didn't have anything to talk about.

Besides the elephant in the room, but it was the elephant for a reason. Neither Jeno nor Jaemin were going to bring that topic up.

"After unpacking do you want to grab dinner?" Jaemin asks instead, reaching over to the centre consol and holding Jeno's hand. "We're gonna be busy once classes start."

Granted, classes don't start for another two weeks, but Jeno understands where Jaemin is coming from, so he agrees.

From how Jaemin starts to play with Jeno's fingers, the latter knows he in thought.

Jaemin always does that when he's thinking too much, always does miscellaneous things with his hands.

"What're you thinking about?" Jeno asks after a few fingers of Jaemin playing with his hand.

The younger was tracing the lines on Jeno's palm while answering.

"Where to go for dinner," he replied easily.

Jeno knows it isn't the truth, but he won't dwell on it for now.

Meanwhile, things were a bit more interesting with Mark and Donghyuck.

"Stop—" Donghyuck pants, navigating his hands to Mark's chest. "Mm... M-Mark," he gasps, turning his head to the side.

But that doesn't stop his elder boyfriend, of course it wouldn't, because Mark just moved is kisses from Donghyuck's lips to his jaw, which, unfortunately for Donghyuck, is a weak spot.

"Hyung we're gonna be late," the younger says breathily, fingers tightening on the fabric of Mark's t-shirt. "S-Sign in closed at four."

Grumbling because he realizes Donghyuck is right, he reluctantly moves away from the younger's jaw. He pressed three more pecks into his lips before letting him go.

"Let's start. It's another half hour from where we were in Seoul," Mark sighs, snaking a hand down the the younger hand. He locks them together and then drags Donghyuck to the door.

Complying all the way until they were strapped into the taxi which would take them to the train station, Donghyuck decided to lay his head on the elder's shoulder and close his eyes.

Bad idea though, considering how Mark has to wake him when they arrive at the station.

Which mean that Donghyuck would be cranky. And a cranky Donghyuck was a irritable Donghyuck, not that Mark would ever tell him that, no, never. He'd rather keep his limbs attached to his body, you know?

However, once they were seated inside the train, Mark let's the boy lay on his shoulder again.

"Tired, are you?" He asks, even if the answer is painfully obvious.

Donghyuck hums affirmatively, curling his arms around Mark's own arm.

"After unpacking," he starts lowly in a whisper. "Let's grab something to eat."

"Okay," Mark agrees, smiling as he cards a hand through Donghyuck's hand. "Sleep well love." He whispers, kissing Donghyuck's forehead before zoning out the window himself.

——

"Are you shitting me?" Jaemin scoffs, dropping his last box onto the ground when he sees the Mark Lee standing in front of what was supposed to be his dorm room.

The elder turns around confused, recognizing the semi familiar voice. His eyes widen once they land on Jaemin.

His mouth is also agape, and it seems like he's trying to formulate words, but all he does is continue to open and close his mouth.

"You know what, it's fine actually," Jaemin suddenly says, cutting through the awkward silence, walking past Mark with his box in his arms again. "Couldn't care less to be honest."

Mark doesn't know if his throat is patched because he didn't drink water since they left for the taxi, or because, did Jaemin get prettier?

——

"Nope, nope, nope, I'm not having this," Donghyuck groans, turning around on his heel the instant he sees Lee Jeno in what was supposed to be his dorm room. "Absolutely not."

"Hello to you too Donghyuck," Jeno sighs, clearly not as pissed about the rooming arrangement.

"No," the younger simply snaps, ignoring Jeno as he carries box after box into what is now, their dorm room.