thirty three,

When the second game of the season rolls around, Jeno still isn't able to play. It puts a little dent in his mood, but he doesn't think too much of it, putting most of his concentration on cheering for Mark.

It's probably also a good thing that Jeno wasn't on the field today, because now there was something between Donghyuck and Jaemin to keep them from skinning each other alive.

Truth be told, Donghyuck seemed kind of quiet, whereas Jaemin ignored the former completely.

So maybe Donghyuck wouldn't be the one to skin someone alive, perhaps it was Jaemin. For as long as Jeno had known Jaemin, whenever he was angry, he always tried to hide it. When he is the literal embodiment of positivity, Jaemin doesn't let his negativity, or negative thoughts show.

So Jeno assumes that's what's going on now, that that's what Jaemin is doing. Because after their talk the other day, Jeno knows the younger is kind of mad. He's more regretful, if anything, but still mad.

"Who's that?" Jaemin mumbles halfway through the soccer game, nudging Jeno lightly with his elbow.

The elder's eyes look at Jaemin before looking at where he was staring, eyes catching one of the soccer players.

"That's Jung Jaehyun," Jeno easily answers. "He's a junior on the team."

From his other side, Jeno hears Donghyuck make a small sound in his throat, so he turns around to look at him with a questioning gaze.

"Do you know him?" Jeno asks, confused when Donghyuck shakes his head no. "Then?"

"Jung Jaehyun..." Donghyuck says slowly, articulating each syllable and letter way too much. "You remember Lilac?" He asks, receiving a nods from Jeno, and Jaemin, who if you asked, won't admit that he was listening to the conversation. "Johnny hyung— Or Youngho hyung, and Taeil hyung own the place," Donghyuck continues, eyes still on the field, still following Jaehyun. "They're not soulmates, cause Youngho hyung got Jung Jaehyun as his tattoo."

Jeno mouth falls open in understanding, Taeil and Youngho's situation sounding awfully similar to theirs.

Jaemin however, keeps his eyes on Donghyuck, looking at him for the first time since they've arrived at the game.

Jaemin won't lie to you, Donghyuck is really handsome and pretty. But that doesn't mean all his thoughts about the elder vanished.

But what he's thinking about right now isn't Donghyuck's good looks, it's the fact that Donghyuck, somewhat, knows who Jaehyun is.

"Jen, don't you remember?" Jaemin asks. "Jaehyun is Taeyong hyung's boyfriend. And soulmate."

Taeyong is Jaemin's cousin.

The elder's eyes get comically wide at Jaemin's words, and he blinks rapidly, as if that helps him digest the information faster.

"B-But, it doesn't look like Jaehyun hyung!" Jeno says, his own eyes zeroing in on Jaehyun, who's playing goalie.

"Well he grew, obviously," Jaemin scoffs. "He also dyed his hair, it's not black anymore." He frowns as he looks at Jeno again. "How can't you recognize him? He's on your team?"

Jeno glares at Jaemin, but it ends up looking more cute than scrutinizing.

"Shut up Nana."

Jaemin opens his mouth to speak, but before he can, he feels an arm settle around his shoulders and a high pitched squeal in his ear.

"Na Jaemin!" The voice giggles happily, and it takes Jaemin two seconds too long to piece together who it is.

"Yong hyung?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows while he thinks about this coincidence. "Are you here for Jaehyun hyung?"

"Don't know who else I'd be here for," Taeyong smiles, pearly white teeth on full display as he seats himself down beside Jaemin. "Why didn't you tell me you started here? I didn't know you got accepted."

Jaemin shrugs, but he can't help the small smile which takes over his lips.

"Slipped my mind. Went right over me."

"You're tall now," Taeyong chuckles. "That doesn't work anymore." Taeyong's eyes fleet away from Jaemin for a second, settling on Jeno. "Hey Jeno. Long time no see."

"Hm," Jeno hums, agreeing and sending Taeyong one of his eye smiles. "Nice to see you hyung."

Before Taeyong could say anything else, loud footsteps and panting could be heard, getting louder as the sounds make it to where the four of them were sitting.

"First of all, I noticed that you guys were looking at Jung Jaehyun during the game, and then not even one of you come down to congratulate me or the team on the win. Three goals and two assists! I deserve something guys," Mark whines, wedging himself between Jeno and Donghyuck, completely unaware of Taeyong's presence.

Donghyuck rolls his eyes and presses a kiss to Mark's damp cheek.

"Good job baby, you did well," he says over affectionately, hand moving up to pinch Mark's cheek. The elder catches the eye of Jaehyun making his way up the bleachers, and he swats Donghyuck's hand away almost violently in order to not get embarrassed in front of his teammates.

"Jeno," Jaehyun says, catching Jaemin, Mark and Donghyuck off guard. Meanwhile, Jeno was ten shades paler than usual, which was highly concerning for the four other boys sitting there. "I feel hurt that you didn't talk to me all these practices."

Jeno lets out a breath of relief, colour coming back onto his face. It makes Jaemin smile fondly, while Taeyong stifles a giggle behind his hand.

"I didn't even notice you were on the team," the younger answers truthfully, grimacing when Jaehyun's eyebrows furrow. "Don't take it the wrong way, my mind's been elsewhere lately."

Humming, in understanding, Jaehyun shifts his eyes to Jeno's foot, still in a boot.

"How much longer?" He asks, cocking his head to the boot.

"Three more weeks."

Jaehyun's eyes then float over to Mark, smile breaking out onto his face.

"Good game! You were amazing!"

"Thanks..." Mark says shyly, cheeks bursting a lovely shade of pink. Donghyuck can't help but bring a hand up to pinch. This time, Mark doesn't bat it away.

Finally, Jaehyun's eyes settle on Jaemin, who's been watching his interactions with everyone else.

"Haven't seen you in forever," is what he says first, bringing a hand up to ruffle his pink hair. "How've you been Jaem?"

Donghyuck, even though he wasn't apart of this conversation, feels something warm erupt in his chest. Jaem was a cute name, he thought, trying to get his mind to think of something else.

"Good," Jaemin smiles easily, teeth shining as he smiles at Jaehyun. "You, hyung?"

"Always the best when he's here," Jaehyun chuckles, answering Jaemin's question with a certain sparkle in his eyes, one which only comes out when he's looking at Taeyong, like he is right now.

"Good game," Taeyong says, finally standing up and congratulating his boyfriend with a kiss on the cheek.

Jaemin tries not to stare at the way the love was utterly and completely obvious between his cousin and his boyfriend, opting to focus on how Donghyuck's gaze was burning into the side of his face.

Right, Jaemin thinks.

Donghyuck is another problem.