twenty four,

Donghyuck and Jeno knew that Jaemin and Mark went on a date. But the latter two didn't know that fact.

Therefore it was quite humouring for Donghyuck when he saw Mark flush or fidget when asked if he had fun playing with his soccer friends.

It was also quite humouring for Jeno when he questioned why Jaemin didn't come back with any of the supplies he said he'd be buying.

And Jeno should've held a grudge, maybe he should've called Jaemin out for being a liar when he said he hated liars, for him being a hypocrite.

But he doesn't.

Because he understands.

Because he's also scared to tell Jaemin that he went on a date with Donghyuck, that he enjoyed his date with Donghyuck. That he kissed Donghyuck, that he enjoys kissing Donghyuck.

Jeno is sure Jaemin feels the same.

So he takes him out to the park just off of campus one day, maybe three days after their dates have taken place.

Jaemin was obviously fidgeting, and it was quite blatant that nerves were twitching inside of his body.

Jaemin should know that he could relax and be calm in any scenario with Jeno, so he wished the younger would just calm down.

"Stop wringing your hands, you're making me nervous," Jeno chuckles, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Jaemin stops, but that only leads him to bite his lip, and Jeno knows that if he tells Jaemin to stop biting his lip, he's gonna start chewing on his nails, even if he doesn't let Jeno chew his nails. Jaemin always does something when he's nervous, anything to take his mind off of whatever was running through his head.

Once they're sitting on a bench at the park, quietly enjoying the breeze, Jeno sighs and speaks up first.

"When were you gonna tell me about your date with Mark?"

Jaemin freezes, visibly freezes, and the first thing Jeno sees wash over the younger's face is guilt. Guilt on his face and in his eyes.

"Jeno, I'm sorry—" He immediately apologizes, and Jeno smiles a little bit, hearing how sincere his boyfriend's tone was.

"Don't apologize," Jeno says softy, holding Jaemin's hand. "Please, don't be sorry."

Jaemin shakes his head, looking at the elder as if he was about to cry. Jeno wouldn't be surprised if he started to.

"N-No, no— I-I lied and I went on a date and that's cheating Jeno—" Jaemin says in one breath, hiccuping at the end. "Jeno, I'm not a cheater— Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you," the elder assures, squeezing the younger's hand in reassurance. "I promise, I'm not mad and I don't hate you, and you are not a cheater, okay Nana?"

Jaemin feels so guilty, so so guilty because even if he full willingly agreed to go on a date with Mark, he really wasn't prepared for all the backlash, even if he told himself that there would be some.

"Since I'm not mad at you, you can't be mad at me, alright?" Jeno continues, taking a shaky breath.

The elder's words confuse Jaemin.

"What—" But he decided against questioning it, because what Jeno said was true. "Okay."

"I went on a date with Donghyuck," he admits, keeping his eyes trained downwards. "I kissed him too."

Jaemin, although speechless and feeling a slight pain in his heart, doesn't say anything. Because he doesn't have the right to get mad, he doesn't have the right to lash out because he did the exact same thing. So he doesn't have the right to feel hurt either.

"I hope you like him Jeno," Jaemin starts, smiling what Jeno could only call a genuine smile. "Or else I'd feel like complete shit for liking Mark hyung."

The elder also smiles, and it is so genuine that Jaemin can't even get mad, before speaking.

"Then... Good thing I like Donghyuck."

——

Mark was terrified and he swears he saw his life flash before his eyes when Donghyuck barges into his dorm room, completely unannounced.

"How'd you get in?" Mark asks, trying to stay calm even though his hands were quite literally shaking by his sides.

Donghyuck glares at him before crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's not important," he says, aggressively sitting down beside Mark, eyes glued in front of him and jaw set.

Now, Donghyuck wasn't really mad. He was... Lightly pissed off. Either way though, Mark was purely terrified.

"Do you have a new boyfriend you'd like to tell me about?" The younger asks, cocking his head to the side. "Because I do. Let's be honest."

Mark's jaw is practically on the floor at Donghyuck's words, and the latter has to snap it shut before continuing.

"I went on a date with Jeno and you went on a date with Jaemin," he says matter of factly, finally turning to look at Mark. "You kissed him and I kissed Jeno."

"How did you even find us?" Is the only thing Mark can think of asking, wide eyes never leaving the younger's face.

"You're not smart Mark," Donghyuck blatantly says. "I knew you'd go somewhere you didn't think I'd go."

Mark flushes with embarrassment before the heaviness of what Donghyuck had actually said settled in.

"You... Went on a date with Jeno?"

Now Mark was surprised, only because Jeno never said anything about liking Donghyuck. They've had around two soccer meetings, which is honestly the only time they talk, and he's shocked that he didn't say anything to Mark about pursuing Donghyuck. But then again, the elder was also terrified of telling Jeno about his want to pursue Jaemin, so Mark could only assume Jeno felt the same way, and that's why he decided to keep shut.

"Yes," Donghyuck answers, and for the first time since he's stepped into the room, Mark hears hesitance in the younger's voice. "A-And I... I really like him," Donghyuck admits, suddenly losing all fire and rage and all things red that were blinding him, everything hot which was inside of him. Donghyuck could be like that sometimes, all bark and no bite.

"That's fine," the elder says instantly, not wanting Donghyuck to feel bad, although he doubts the latter was. "Because I-I like Jaemin. A lot."

Donghyuck only nods, sending Mark a soft and genuine smile.

"Then go for it... Because I'm... I'm going for Jeno."