eleven,

If Jaemin didn't have to meet Donghyuck and Mark, then he didn't want to. He made that much clear when Jeno tried to bring it up again.

It wasn't necessarily that Jaemin didn't have to meet Mark and Donghyuck, he just really didn't want to see his... Competition. If he could call the other two that.

Jeno didn't talk about them much, but Jaemin knew it was about time until Jeno brought up the subject again, and asked Jaemin if he was free to meet Donghyuck and Mark.

If Jaemin knew one thing about the other two, it was that they lived in Jeju. That fact was something that Jeno had picked up from their conversation in the convenience store, for what reason, Jaemin doesn't know.

He liked the fact that they lived in Jeju while he lived in Seoul. That just meant that their chances of meeting were close to zero. Of course, vacations and visits were something which could happen, like last week, but bumping into each other was still rare.

But the fact that they lived in Jeju made Jeno uneasy. Not because he thinks not bumping into his soulmate was an issue which he couldn't live with,  it it was because Jeno wanted to take Jaemin to Jeju for his birthday.

Jeno doesn't know if Jaemin would want to follow though with that plan now. He doesn't want Jaemin to think that now they're only going to Jeju because Mark and Donghyuck live there, he still wants to go solely for the purpose of spending Jaemin's birthday in a nice place, but he doesn't think that thought will easily enter through Jaemin's head.

The current date was July 30th, a mere two weeks before Jaemin's birthday, a mere week before he planned to leave with Jaemin. But he didn't know if Jaemin wanted to follow through with the plan now.

"You still want to go to Jeju, right?" The elder asks nervously, anxiously biting his nails.

Jaemin has told him on multiple occasions not to bite his nails, that it was a bad habit which he needed to stop, but he still did it out of nervousness sometimes, and Jaemin notices every time.

Jaemin sighs, taking Jeno's hand away from his mouth, laces their fingers together so that the other wouldn't be tempted to bite his nails again, since he knows that Jeno would rather be holding his hand. 

About his question though, of course Jaemin still wanted to go to Jeju with Jeno. The elder had planned it for him anyways, it would seem quite rude if he didn't want to go, especially at the last minute. Since Jaemin was someone who planned things really well, he knew how annoying it was when someone cancelled last minute. Jeno also spent a lot of his money on this trip, saving up for gas and a hotel for a week. Jeju wasn't a cheap place and Jeno wasn't a rich man, so Jaemin appreciates this trip a bit more than he needs to.

"Of course I still want to go Nono. Why wouldn't I?"

Jeno breathes out a sigh if relief and Jaemin feels guilty.

Did he give off the impression that he didn't want to go? Because honestly there was no other way he'd want to spend his birthday, he'd love to just spend his time alone with Jeno, and he wants the elder to know that.

Sure, the last few weeks for them have been quite rough, especially with Jeno meeting Mark and Donghyuck and keeping that secret from Jaemin, but the latter doesn't want Jeno to think that it affected their relationship that much, that Jaemin held a grudge against him or something.

Because he doesn't. Of course, he was a bit upset at first, thought that that was what heartbreak felt like, but it didn't take him long to realize that he was exaggerating, and that what he was experiencing was nowhere near heartbreak.

"I just thought you were mad at me," Jeno admits in a mumble, and although the phrase makes Jaemin sad, he doesn't let it show much.

Jaemin tugs on Jeno's hand, and the latter looks his way. Jaemin smiles softly before leaning in and brushing his lips against his boyfriend's.