forty nine,

For once, Jaemin wakes up alone.

He hasn't waken up alone since school has started. He can't say he's surprised though, because Mark told him the night before that he had to leave earlier that day to have soccer practice. That obviously meant Jeno as well, who's leg was healed and was able to play again. In turn, that means that Donghyuck also probably woke up alone, so maybe he'll call him and they could do something to kill time.

It takes a lot of effort to roll out of bed, but less than normal since the sheets were already cold because of Mark's absence. However, after Jaemin had quite literally rolled out of bed, he found the carpeted floor of their dorm (which was honestly probably really dirty) quite comfortable.

So he laid there, blanket which he pulled from the bed draping across half of his body. Jaemin didn't want to get up, didn't want to be productive today. Laying down for forever seemed pretty inviting anyways.

However, the peacefulness and serenity was interrupted when Jaemin hears jarring knocks on the door.

He could kill the person on the other side of the door for making him get up. He doesn't want to get up, debates just laying there and waiting for the other person to leave, but then the person knocks again, adding in a few words as well.

"Jaemin baby, open up."

And oh.

It's Donghyuck.

Either way, he could still just lay there and wait for Donghyuck to leave, but what the elder says next has him sprinting to open the door.

"I have coffee."

"Coffee?" Jaemin asks when he opens the door, smile bright, as if he wasn't on the verge of falling asleep and leaving Donghyuck outside three minutes ago. "I love coffee." He adds nonchalantly, taking the order he knows is his; the tall, black, iced drink.

"Good morning to you too, sunshine," Donghyuck scoffs, closing the door behind them. He places his own beverage down on the counter before turning to Jaemin, who's sitting cross legged on his bed, sipping the coffee like his life depended on it.

Donghyuck sighs before leaning back against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Did you eat anything?" Judging from the younger's appearance, he probably didn't, but Donghyuck wasn't going to assume anything. But when Jaemin shakes his head innocently, straw still nestled between his lips, Donghyuck can't help the second sigh from leaving his lips. "You know caffeine on an empty stomach is bad for you," he chastises, softening just the tiniest bit when Jaemin pouts up at him, goddamn straw still in his mouth.

Of course, as per anyone who's seen Na Jaemin pout, Donghyuck caves.

"Go freshen up, I'll make you something."

Jaemin reminds Donghyuck of a puppy with the way his eyes light up, bouncing on his heels as he gathers some clothes and heads into the bathroom. Not before pecking Donghyuck's lips though, to which the elder scrunches up his nose, complaining about morning breath mixed with black coffee.

Shaking his head at the younger, Donghyuck turns to the kitchenette, sifting through whatever Mark and Jaemin had to make breakfast. He himself ate cereal before leaving his dorm, so all he was looking for was something Jaemin could eat.

He finally found a bag of bagels, and decided that along with some eggs would be good enough to hold Jaemin off until lunch.

So he gets to work, heating up a small frying pan to scramble eggs in, along with slicing the bagel in half horizontally to pop into the toaster for a minute or two.

When Jaemin comes out of the bathroom, his hair is slightly damp and he has a towel around his neck, catching droplets of anything that'd leak off from his hair.

"I made you breakfast," Donghyuck announces, staring for a while to get a good view of Jaemin. His hair is still that lovely shade of bubblegum pink, and he has on green sweatpants along with a black hoodie he's positive he's seen before. "Isn't that Mark's?" He asks, pointing a finger at the article of clothing.

Jaemin looks down at it and shrugs, sitting down at the little table, motioning for Donghyuck to do the same.

"I found it in his closet yeah, but his hoodies are usually bigger than this," Jaemin admits, picking up a fork to eat his eggs with. "Aren't you eating?" He asks the elder, still not putting a bite into his mouth before he gets an answer.

Donghyuck stares at the hoodie for a few seconds longer, the SINNER printing was strikingly familiar, before answering.

"That's because that's my hoodie," he laughs lightly, leaning his elbows on the table and putting his head in his hands. "I already ate before coming here."

Heat blooms onto Jaemin's cheeks from Donghyuck's statement. He's never worn any of Donghyuck's clothes before, and he didn't really think the first time would be so indirect. To hide his embarrassment, Jaemin shoves a mouthful of eggs into his mouth, and also takes a bite of his bagel to keep him occupied for a few minutes.

Donghyuck simply chuckles at his behaviour.

"You're so cute Nana," he sighs dreamily, gaze never leaving the younger, who looks like a chipmunk with his cheeks all full. "I think I'm falling in love."

Jaemin all but gracefully chokes on his food at those words, eliciting a concerned Donghyuck reaching over to pat his back. Once he finally calms down, he takes a few large gulps of his coffee before setting it down and looking Donghyuck right in the eyes, feeling the most embarrassed he's ever felt in front of the elder. And this included the first time he had a full blown tantrum in front of him.

"You mean it?" He asks, voice coming out raspy from coughing too much, and eyes teary from almost dying because of eggs. But he looks hopeful, Donghyuck notes.

And he was.

Jaemin wants validation before expressing his feelings.

"Of course," Donghyuck mumbles, face soft but serious. "With all of you. 'M falling in love with Jeno, I'm falling in love with you, and I'm falling in love with Mark hyung all over again."

Donghyuck doesn't think he's ever seen Jaemin smile brighter than he is right now.

"I'm falling in love with all of you too."

__________

take nahyuck cause they have me in my feels :(