thirty,

Two days later, and Jaemin overslept.

Normally, he doesn't bother setting an alarm. Ever since he and Mark had started dating, Mark wakes him up with kisses, so he stopped setting an alarm.

But he kind of forgot to set one when Mark said that he'd be leaving early next morning; way more earlier than usual, and couldn't wake Jaemin up.

Jaemin kicks himself when he wakes up and realizes he has twenty minutes until class starts, and that he still has a line of dried up drool on his face.

Feeling like shit, Jaemin is rushing to brush his teeth, wash his face and then quickly packs his bag with everything he needed for the day (or at least, he hopes he took everything he'd need), before grabbing his Anthropology essay from his desk and running out the door.

Jaemin didn't even get to have his daily cup of coffee or tea yet, and he more than needed it, especially since he woke up late.

But he can't be complaining, he doubts that this scenario wouldn't happen again in the futur.

So he sucks it up and all but runs to class, cursing his professor's lecture hall for being on the opposite side of campus, a full ten minute walk which Jaemin was going to have to shorten immensely.

He's almost there, three quarters of the way with four minutes to spare when he sees someone walk out of the on campus coffee shop.

Wouldn't bother him, any other day, it wouldn't matter who walked out of that coffee shop. But today, he knows the silhouette of the person and he knows that it's Donghyuck, carrying a tray of three iced coffees.

Donghyuck, Jeno and Mark.

Jaemin doesn't need to have super vision to know that those are the names on the three cups.

But he doesn't have time to think about it, doesn't have time to thing about how Mark went to hang out with Jeno and Donghyuck after whatever he had to deal with, how he wasn't asked to hang out, even if he had classes, and he really doesn't have time to act upon his urge to feel sad because he shouldn't be sad when there was probably a reason for them acting the way they were.

So his eyes blur out everything around him, and he just sprints to his lecture hall, seeing only in tunnel vision.

In hindsight, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to run through campus with tunnel vision, especially with so many bustling bodies and other students rushing around him.

But Jaemin doesn't really realize that until he's colliding with a body, until the front of his shirt is soaked and cold, and until his Anthropology paper was stained with what appeared to be iced coffee.

All blood drains from Jaemin's face when he realizes what happened to his paper; Anthropology was his first class. Which he only had two minutes to get to.

"J-Jaemin, I'm sorry."

At the voice, Jaemin snaps his head up, his teary eyes coming in contact with Donghyuck's wide ones.

In any other circumstance, Jaemin would feel embarrassed by the onslaught of tears behind his eyes, but at the moment, he's just frustrated.

Frustrated because he worked day and night on that stupid Anthropology paper, shed tears over it and it wasn't even that good, but Jaemin worked so hard on it, just like how he worked so hard on his relationship with Jeno, but Donghyuck seems like he just adores erasing all of his hard work.

"Shut up," Jaemin says, hating how shaky his voice sounds in front of Donghyuck, hating how how the latter knows how much he is affected.

"Jae—"