thirty six,

"Well that's a sight," Mark laughs, it's an airy sound accompanied with a huge grin.

Donghyuck simply hums, smiling tiredly himself.

Currently, Jaemin was curled up against Donghyuck, using one of the latter's arms as a pillow. Donghyuck has that hand fiddling with Jaemin's hair, keeping the younger drowsy and asleep against him. Jaemin's leg was thrown over Donghyuck's hips, and he looked so comfortable that it made Mark and Jeno's minds boggle with wonder.

"Don't be too loud," Donghyuck says. "He hasn't been out for too long."

Jeno dumps himself down on the small couch closing his eyes and hugging a throw pillow to his chest.

"I'm exhausted." He announces, opening one eye to look at the boys around him. "There are three of you, and two of you aren't busy. One of you, come here."

Mark rolls his eyes, scoffing internally before striding over to Jeno. All he does is sit beside the younger, but that seems to be enough for him, if the way Jeno leans onto him is anything to go by.

From where Jeno and Mark are sitting, they can see Donghyuck's eyes droop. By now, they're just waiting for him to fall asleep too.

"They look really cute," Mark whispers, fond eyes staring at the two youngest. "My heart hurts."

Jeno laughs, light and soft, before nodding his head and agreeing with Mark's statement.

Their boys made them soft.

The next time they look over at the boys on the bed, Donghyuck and Jaemin have both fallen asleep. Donghyuck has his head resting against Jaemin's head, and the two of them looked so cute and comfortable together that Mark and Jeno couldn't stop themselves from joining them.

Mark lays himself down behind Donghyuck, snaking an arm around his waist as Jeno reciprocates his actions with Jaemin.

And even if Jeno and Mark wanted to talk some more, even if they wanted to bask in the presence of being all together, they were both exhausted. And perhaps the thought of waking up together also played a factor in why they closed their eyes so quickly, with no hesitance.

——

Donghyuck is the first to wake up, and at first the warmth from behind him scares him a bit, but he quickly pieces together that it was Mark. It wasn't hard to piece together either, Donghyuck and Mark have been in this position multiple times before.

The moment Donghyuck opens his eyes, the first thing he sees is Jeno and Jaemin cuddled up and sleeping together. Jaemin seemed to have shifted him in sleep, because now he's encased in Jeno's arms, sleeping soundly. The sight makes Donghyuck smile, and he doesn't think he's ever seen a prettier sight. But it suited the two boys anyways, Jeno and Jaemin were both so pretty.

It's a sight he can't tear his eyes off of, not that he'd want to anyways. He doesn't bat an eye off of the two boys until he feels feather light kisses against his nape, and that's when he realizes that Mark was awake.

"Morning," the elder's raspy voice says, preening his head over Donghyuck's shoulder. He does a once over of Jeno and Jaemin before his eyes settle on Donghyuck, and his smile becomes impossibly bigger when he sees his sun. "Hey Sunshine."

Donghyuck scrunches his nose at the name, and it might look like he didn't like it, but Mark knew that Donghyuck adores the nickname more than anything.

"Hey," the younger boy says back, tilting his head in a awkward angle in order to reach Mark's lips and press a light kiss to them. "Tell me," he starts, turning back to face Jeno and Jaemin. His hands find Mark's arms where they are holding him around the waist, and he keeps his hands there, holding the elder's arms. "Aren't they the prettiest sight ever?"

In the past, Mark would argue any statement like that and say that Donghyuck was the prettiest, loveliest, most beautiful sight there could ever be... But when his heart was split into three, he couldn't deny that yeah, Jeno and Jaemin were the prettiest sight.

"Yeah," Mark breathes out, watching how Jaemin's long eyelashes curl to meet the highs of his cheeks, and the way Jeno's lips still manage to curl up into a smile even when he was sleeping.

But Jeno wasn't really sleeping. Jeno was awake and his lips were curled up because he was listening to all the compliments he and Jaemin were receiving from Mark and Donghyuck.

Suddenly it gets quiet, and Jeno feels himself pout before he can control it.

"Why'd you stop? Keep talking," he whines out loud, not realizing until it was too late. Great. Now Donghyuck and Mark knew he was awake.

Donghyuck snorts while Mark stifles a giggle against the former's neck, both smiling with bright eyes as they take in the sight of Jeno pouting before them.

"At least I have Jaemin," Jeno mutters, looking down at the mentioned boy, who was still sleeping soundly despite the noise. "Nana..."

"Why do you call him Nana?" Donghyuck mumbles, fingers fiddling lightly with Mark's. It's been a question which the younger has always wanted to ask, but he didn't know if it was a personally question or not. Nana was a name Jeno first used, and he doesn't know if it's inappropriate if anyone else uses it.

"Na Jaemin," Mark supplies. Donghyuck doesn't know how the elder knows that, but he looks at Jeno for confirmation.

"Na Jaemin," Jeno shrugs, proving that Mark was correct. "Nana." It was indeed a personal name which Jeno had crafted for Jaemin, and he didn't like it when other people used it. But obviously, he could let Mark and Donghyuck use it. It wasn't like Jaemin was only his anymore.

"That's really cute," Donghyuck comments, before giggling a little. "We can't do anything with our surnames."

Mark hums, and Jeno reaches a hand out to ruffle Donghyuck's hair before settling it back on Jaemin's waist.

This moment right here, with the three of them awake and accepting each other romantically, felt so right.

And maybe when Jaemin wakes up, he'll feel the same.

__________

vvs my diamonds i don't need no light to shine iced out both my wrists now i can barely see the time i just made a million but i'm still not satisfied cause i spend bag on the regular i need the bag on the regular we make the world go my bank account go we make the world go dinero queso cheese yo quiero i want it
+
i'm not ashamed to say that this song has been stuck in my head for the past twenty four hours