fifty two,

"What are you doing?" Jaemin whispers.

"Why are you whispering?" Jeno asks.

Jaemin pouts.

"I don't know," he huffs, tugging on Jeno's hand. "Why are we here?"

Jeno just hums, scanning through a bunch of different socks. They had the weirdest patterns on them, ranging from fried eggs to unicorns.

But Donghyuck adores stupid socks.

"Just pick a pair," the elder advises, pulling Jaemin a bit forward. "Choose wisely."

Jaemin steps forward, scanning the rack of socks and looking for a pattern that stood out to him. His eyes rake up and down the hooks until they land on a pair of light beige socks with a green cactus pattern.

"This one," the younger says, pointing to the pair. Jeno hums in approval, picking up the socks and leading him and Jaemin to the checkout.

"Nice choice."

But Jaemin still doesn't know why they needed to buy socks.

"Jeno hyung," Jaemin calls, having the elder hum again. "Can you tell me why we're buying socks?"

Jeno just turns to him, smiling cutely and rubbing a thumb over the hand he was holding. He doesn't say much, but Jaemin shuts up about it since he's sure it can't be something serious if he's smiling at him like that.

"We're visiting Donghyuck later on. Speaking of, what were his favourite chocolates?"

——

Donghyuck sighs, turning around in his covers once.

He's tired.

Too tired to get up, too tired to think, too tired to do anything.

Donghyuck just wants to laze around all day and think about nothing.

"I wanna be a billionaire..."

And maybe he wants to be a billionaire, but it's not like that's going to happen any time soon.

"So freaking bad."

Donghyuck's eyes shoot open, knowing that there shouldn't be another person in the dorm with him.

"JESUS WHAT THE SHIT!"

Mark cackles stupidly from where he's standing, toeing off his shoes and acting like he didn't just give Donghyuck a heart attack.

"When the fuck did you even come in!" Donghyuck yells, keeping a hand over his chest due to how much Mark scared him. "Never do that again, you monster. I didn't want to do anything all day but now my blood pressure has accelerated."

Mark snorts, dumping himself into the bed next to Donghyuck.

He throws an arm around the younger's waist, pulling him down so that they could lay next to each other. Mark sighs fondly, running a hand through Donghyuck's hair. A small smile naturally makes its way onto his lips, and Donghyuck will pretend to ignore it.

"Rest then... You don't need to do anything today," the elder says softly, pressing a feather light kiss to the younger's forehead. "And I'll hold you."

Donghyuck doesn't say anything, he just snuggles further into Mark, closing his eyes and hiding away between one of the pairs of arms he loves so much.

Silence surrounds the two of them, and Mark has no intention of breaking it. Donghyuck however, seems to have other plans. With his eyes still closed, he gives Mark a simple request.