four,

Jaemin still felt uneasy, really uneasy about the whole different soulmate thing.

He loves Jeno, accepts that Jeno loves him back, but what he didn't accept was coming in between Jeno's future relationship.

Jaemin knows about relationships involving more than one person, polyamorous relationships, but what he doesn't know is that if he wants to be in one.

Polyamorous relationships involve all members feeling equally for everyone in the relationship, and Jaemin just can't see himself split his heart for someone who isn't Lee Jeno.

It sounds bad, but in the end it's only unfair to the third person in their currently hypothetical relationship.

Jeno doesn't talk about it as much as Jaemin thought he would, instead he dumps his words and energy into smothering Jaemin in so much love he might actually be annoyed with it for once.

"I'm so excited for your birthday Nana," Jeno says one day when the couple is eating lunch in the courtyard.

'So you can see Donghyuck's name on my arm?' is what Jaemin wants to say, but he's level headed and knows how to keep his thoughts to himself.

Most of the time at least.

"Wait two weeks," Jaemin settles on answering, taking a bite out of his sandwich and sighing after chewing for a bit.

Something was on his mind.

Something which hasn't left his mind since he found out about Jeno's tattoo.

Soulmates are often people you know, or are at least acquainted with.

Your soulmate usually isn't someone who you've never met before, very rarely is it someone you don't know at all.

But Jeno... Jeno doesn't know Lee Donghyuck, and it doesn't help that has has no clue who would know him either.

It also really doesn't help that Jaemin and Jeno have never heard the name come out of anyone's mouth, it's not like Lee Donghyuck and someone in their school could be mutuals, because quite frankly, no one knows who Donghyuck is.

"How are you going to meet Donghyuck?" Jaemin asks, turning to face Jeno, who takes a large bite out of his granola bar.

Jaemin thinks he's gross, that Jeno should at least wait until he finished answering Jaemin's question to ravish his snack, instead of speaking with his mouth full of oats, like he will do now.

"I don't know," he simply answers, shrugging and swallowing his mouthful. "It'll just happen I guess."

Jaemin squints at his hyung, because his hyung can be stupid sometimes.

"You believe in the universe too much."

And it's true.

Jeno is one of those people who believes that everything happens for a reason, and that the universe is in charge of all the decisions.

And that would be fine, if his beliefs to the universe ended there, not that Jaemin has the right to bash Jeno for what he believes in, it's just that Jaemin finds it extra.

Jeno believes that everything will play out according to how the universe wanted it to play out. Jeno thinks that even what he eats for breakfast and which type of toothpaste he buys is decided by the universe.

"I'm serious. We'll meet him when the time is right," Jeno says seriously, defending himself as he finishes his granola bar.

Jaemin didn't have a problem with Jeno believing what he did, it's just in this particular scenario he wants a clear, given answer, something Jeno isn't giving him.