eighteen,

"I'll be waiting on the bleachers, alright?" Jaemin says, smoothing our Jeno's t-shirt which didn't need smoothing out over the shoulders. He hums before looking back at the elder. "Good luck, I love you."

Jeno smiles his pretty smile for Jaemin, before waving him off.

Today, the two of them were out for soccer team tryouts. Well, Jeno was the one trying out. Jaemin was there for moral support and stuff.

Junior varsity team of course, but making it on the team is still a long shot.

It's whatever though, Jeno adores soccer and it would be a lie to say that part of the reason why Seoul university took Jeno in wasn't because of his impressive soccer skills.

Classes haven't started yet but they're already looking for a new lineup to replace players who've graduated, since underclassmen have taken their spots, leaving some empty.

Shaking some nervous jitters off, Jeno clears his throat and tries to find someone he could probably acquaint and do some warm up drills with, as many people around him are doing.

Suddenly, his eyes catch a mop of light brown hair, and his feet seem to have a mind of their own when he finds himself walking towards the boy.

"Mark...?" Jeno asks hesitantly, not knowing how the elder would take to his presence.

Surprisingly though, Mark's head shoots up to look at Jeno, and the latter sees what he thinks is panic shoot through his eyes. But it's so brief that Jeno doesn't even know if he was imagining it or not.

Plus, he doesn't need to know that Mark was panicking because he was staring at the boyfriend of the boy who he likes.

"Hey Jeno," Mark settles on greeting, eyes warm and smile bright. "Trying out?" He asks casually.

One thing Jeno really likes about Mark is how easy going and open minded he is.

Not to say that Jaemin and Donghyuck weren't that, it's just that Jaemin and Donghyuck were stubborn assholes who had to be bribed before they would cooperate.

But Mark was easy, just like Jeno himself. And the latter liked that fact.

"Yeah," the younger nods, affirming Mark's question. "You?"

He gets a nod as a response and a soccer ball thrown at him.

"Warm up with me?" Mark asks, and of course, Jeno nods.

Meanwhile, Jaemin feels like puking from where he's sitting on the bleachers.

He isn't the only one there, but the people who are sitting on the bleachers are generously spaced apart.

Which is why the stink eye Donghyuck shoots him is painfully apparent.

"Donghyuck stop looking at me like that," Jaemin sighs, keeping his eyes on the field but directing his words to Donghyuck.

"That's Donghyuck hyung to you," he scoffs, also keeping his eyes on the field.

"You're only a month older than I am," Jaemin frowns.

"A month and eight days older than you," the elder corrects.

Jaemin wants to hit him for being so snarky, but decides against it for better judgement. And because Jeno wouldn't really be please when he finds out.

Jaemin decides to keep quiet after that, but can't help but open his mouth to ask a question when he suddenly feels Donghyuck's presence next to him.

"What?" He asks, quite informally if you were to ask Donghyuck.

"I just can't see well from there," the elder says, not sparing Jaemin a second glance.