three,

"Jaemin please," Jeno begs, trailing behind the younger like a lost puppy. "I love you Jaemin."

Jaemin hasn't spoken to Jeno since the night of his eighteenth, after he quietly left his boyfriend's house without saying a word.

Jeno didn't know how to interpret it at first, so he decided to let Jaemin leave so he had time to figure things out on his own.

He thought a day would be enough for Jaemin.

It wasn't.

It's been four days since Jeno has properly spoken to Jaemin, since he has held the boy, since he has kissed the boy.

Jeno doesn't know for how much longer he can go on like this.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to decipher that Jaemin meant a lot to Jeno, that Jaemin was everything Jeno could ever want in life.

But apparently, Jaemin didn't understand that.

Jaemin isn't Jeno's soulmate.

He doesn't want to get in between who Jeno is really supposed to end up with, he doesn't want to mess up Jeno's future for his own temporary contentment.

Jaemin thinks that if he continues to hang out with Jeno, it's going to mess with the person Jeno is supposed to end up with.

Jaemin doesn't want to feed himself false hope, doesn't want to continue dating Jeno if he was destined for someone else.

The only reason Jaemin hasn't explicitly said that they've broken up is because he can't bring himself to do it.

Despite everything, Jaemin obviously doesn't want to break up with Jeno.

Jeno was his first everything, relationship, boyfriend, kiss, first person he rode a roller coaster with and he hopes Jeno was going to be his first in many more things in the future.

If Jaemin were to tell Jeno to his face that they were breaking up, that they were over, then that would really end it.

Jaemin isn't ready to give up the person who means the world to him, the person who holds his entire fucking heart.

But he also isn't ready to become the person to come between Jeno's happiness with his soulmate.

"Jaemin-ah~" Jeno whines, trying to act cute in order to get Jaemin to bat an eyelash in his direction for the first time in four days.

Jaemin really misses Jeno.

He misses Jeno a lot.

He wants Jeno to hold him again, he wants Jeno to leave kisses along the column of his throat and cuddle in his bed.

But he isn't Jeno's soulmate.

"I'm not your soulmate Jeno, stop." Jaemin says, in a voice which he hopes was stern and not soft because that's how he felt looking at Jeno.

Jeno was handsome and hot and beautiful and Jaemin becomes weak in the knees when he looks at the older boy.

It makes Jaemin's stomach churn when he thinks that Jeno's soulmate will get to see this for the rest of their life. Not him.

Jeno sighs after Jaemin says this.

"I don't care."

Jeno really doesn't care if 'Jaemin isn't his soulmate'. If Jaemin wasn't his soulmate, Jeno wouldn't be as grossly in love with him. But he was.

He's in love with Jaemin and hasn't thought about Lee Donghyuck since the tattoo appeared.

Okay, so maybe that's a lie.