The Confrontation

< Alison's POV >

After Ezra's, I immediately went home. What was I going to do?! I betrayed Aria and I don't know how I'm going to tell Emily. I just can't lose her again. I need her.

"Aria, please pick up. We need to talk. I need to explain." Aria wasn't picking up my calls. Shit. Why do I have to mess up everything?!

"Alison?" Oh no. It was Emily. I wasn't ready. I didn't know what to say. And I knew she knew. She was angry. She never calls me Alison unless she's serious or angry...or both.

I turn my head to her and she walks in. I pat the bed letting her know she can sit, but she just stands in front of me and crosses her arms. This wasn't good. At all.

"You know?" I ask.

"Why?" She asks firmly. She wasn't playing around.

"I- I don't know." I responded.

"That's not good enough. You betrayed Aria. Do you even know how hurt she is right now?" She scolds.

I look down at my feet. I didn't want to look at her. I know she can see through my lies. That's what I love about her. She sees the real me and still cares about me.

"You know, I hope you had fun tonight because you sure as hell lost me." She says, as she starts to walk out.

"Emily wait." I pleaded. She turns to me at the doorway, giving me her stare. The stare that says, 'I'm done.' I think quickly about what I wanted to say. I really didn't know. All I knew, is that I didn't want her to leave me. "I did it because I was hurt. I was upset and heartbroken after what happened at the kissing rock. I went to Ezra's to thank him for saving me back in New York. And I guess I just wanted to feel loved. Nobody loves me. Everybody hates me." I say, trying to hide the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

"Don't blame this on me, Alison. This is all on you and Ezra." Emily said blankly. I couldn't read her emotions. "I needed one night, Alison. One night. A night to think about us. Think about everything. And yet you still manage to betray me." She continues. I thought she was upset. But the truth was, she was angry.

"I'm sorry, Em, I really am." I begged. She sighs and then sits in the chair across from me.

"I read your letter." She says.

"And...?" I ask.

"Why didn't you send it?" This tike her voice wasn't forceful. It was back to normal.

"I didn't think you wanted to hear from me. Before I could send it, I found out about Maya, and Samara, and Paige..." I explained.

"So? Alison, this wasn't about my relationships. This was bigger than that. This was about you being alive." She says, getting angry again.

"I know. And I'm sorry." I apologize.

"Yeah well, I've been hearing that a lot from you recently." She says, rolling her eyes.

I didn't know what else to say.

"You either care about me or you don't, Alison. There can't be two of you. You are either the girl who wrote that letter or you are the girl who just had sex with your bestfriend's boyfriend." Emily scolds and then she storms out of my room.