The End of School

< Emily's POV >

Today is the last day of school. And the day Ali gets checked to see if she is totally healed. I was in English class when my phone buzzes. I check. It's from Ali.

A: All cleared! Sleepover tonight?
E: Definitely.
A: Bring that lingerie we picked out ;)

Then the bell rang. School was finally over. I jumped out of my seat and quickly went into the hallway so I could call my babe. But Spencer stopped me. "Hey Em! Hanna, Aria and I were gonna go to the Grill. Wanna join?" She asks. Then somebody bumps into me and we drop our phones.

Spencer picks mine up an reads the recent message. "Ali wants you to bring that- oh." Spencer said, smirking. I grab the phone from her as my face turns red.

"How about we forget you saw that." I say, embarassed.

"Yeah sure. No biggie." She says, a little nervous.

I glance down at Spencer's phone to see what she was hiding. "Toby wants you to-SPENCER!" I scold after I read the dirty text.

"Yeah now how about you forget you saw that." Spencer says, grabbing the phone. We laugh as we walk to the Grill.

As we were eating, I get another text from Ali.

A: I love you.

"Who texted?" Hanna asked as she munches on a french fry.

"It was just Ali." I responded casually.

"What did she say?" Spencer says, raising her eyebrows.

"Nothing important." I say, trying to end the conversation.

"So I talked it over with my mom. She said we could use the lakehouse all summer. We can head up tomorrow." Spencer explains.

"I gotta go call Caleb!" Hanna says, bouncing up.

"I gotta go call Ezra!" Aria says, following Hanna.

"I guess I'll go call Ali." I say, getting up.

"Yeah. And don't forget your lingerie!" Spencer says sarcastically. I glare at her as I walk outside to call Ali. She picks up on the second ring.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Beautiful. So tomorrow we are all driving up to the lakehouse for the summer. So I can't sleep over. I have to go home and pack." I explain.

"How about I pack now, and I can stay at your house and help you pack." She suggests.

"Perfect!"

"Should I pack anything in particular?" She asks suggestively. I look around to make sure nobody can hear me.

"The black bra and panties I bought for you. Oh! And that hot pink bikini. And the pink dress that I love." I whisper.

"Alright. I gotta go pack." She says.

"I love you." I say, smiling.

"I love you more." She says. I hang up the phone and walk back inside. They girls were discussing bedroom arrangements for the lake house.

"There is a master bedroom, a suite overlooking the lake, a suite right in front of the hot tub, and then a loft." Spencer says.

"Dibs on the master!" I shout.

"Oh no. Toby and I are getting that one." Spencer says.

"No! Me and Ezra should! He doesn't know Toby or Caleb so it would be better for us." Aria argues.

"No! Me and Caleb need our privacy!" Hanna complains.

"Alright. Let's pick randomly." Spencer says. She pulls out a pen and writes the names of the rooms on napkins. Then she folds them and mixed them up. "Everybody pick one." Spencer says. Once everyone grabs a napkin, we open them up.

"I got the master!" Aria exclaims.

"I got the lake suite!" I announce.

"I got the hot tub suite!" Hanna squeals.

"I got the loft." Spencer says, a little less enthusiastic as the rest of us.

I text Ali the news. And she responds almost immediately.

A: Yay! Now we can skinny dip in the moonlight ;)

I couldn't help but smile.